`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do a players cards go up

Do a players cards go up
Do a players cards go up in value when they win a post season award?

RE: Do a players cards go up
From my own prior observations, there MIGHT be a temporary spike but nothing all that significant. Doesn't usually last long.

cspen Wrote:Do a players cards go up in value when they win a post season award?
Not much ... unless the player is somewhat obscure and wins a Rookie of the Year Award, then people are like, wait, do I have his card?

On another note... I wonder if the grading services see more of their cards sent in for grading.

cspen Wrote:On another note... I wonder if the grading services see more of their cards sent in for grading.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a slight pickup at the outset and then drop back off shortly thereafter.  I'm sure there are people out there that grade and put together select registry sets like Cy Young winners, MVP award winners, etc etc etc.

For a guy like Jose Abreu, his cards may go up as he's been under the radar for years and has put up really big numbers. Finally recognized with this year's AL MVP award, seems like people are going after some of his flagship rookies like Topps, Topps Chrome, and Topps Heritage.