`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19-20 Optic Retail 24 pack box

19-20 Optic Retail 24 pack box
Very expensive box. That's just how the prices are in 2020. Impossible to get retail from retail. Have to get it from the local hobby shop.  Results not good considering how much I paid for this. No autograph but then again you are not guaranteed that in the 24 pack retail boxes.

Lowlights below:

Best RC common- DeAndre Hunter

Best card was a- Lebron James Lakers t-minus 321 insert purple prizm

Best #'d card- Nikola Jokic my house insert #'d 55/85 prizm

Best RC prizm- Jordan  Poole silver prizm

other prizms- Delon Wright silver, Thomas Bryant silver, James Worthy purple prizm winner stays, Kris Dunn purple prizm, Jordan Clarkson purple prizm, Marc Gasol purple prizm, Jokic my house silver prizm, Quindary weatherspoon purple prizm, Nikola Jokic purple  prizm, 

This was a "JOKER" box. Got 3 prizms of Nikola. 2 my house prizms and a prizm of his base card  Sad

RE: 19-20 Optic Retail 24 pack box
These doosh bags will keep purging retail and gouging you if you keep buying their dooshy products.

Maybe ... don't buy the marked up retail?

Look, I get it ... my favorite sport by far, and it's not even close, to play, watch, collect cards of, etc., is basketball.

I would gladly give up the other three sports if I had to pick only one to keep collecting.

The last new blaster of basketball I opened was in the last week of February, because I flat out refuse to pay the Doosh Bag Tax.

Has that sucked?

Yes, unbelievably so. More than I can say.

But they will keep doing it if you keep supporting them.

It's really that simple.

Hate to say it, but hopefully people continue to keep getting crap boxes (I mean, it is retail after all) and stop buying them, and then eventually the doosh bags will move on to other scams and ways to take shortcuts.

I'm not worried about them, though ... karma will take care of them eventually.

But please for the love of God stop supporting their dooshery.

Buy singles. Make trades. I know I've personally offered to trade with you several times with little to no response.

Just in the last few months I've traded for a Kawhi Leonard rookie auto, a Mark McGwire auto/10, some Zion Williamson RCs, Luka RCs, etc.

Know how I got all those? By trading damn good stuff to get them!

Is it as much fun as opening new packs and boxes?

Of course not ... but how much did your box cost?

$500?

It's not my business but I can tell from your post you're not happy about it.

So stop supporting it.

Thanks rjcj2017 for responding. Yeah box was $420.

I do miss the days were i could walk into Target and buy some blasters.

Sure trading makes sense or buying singles. But I do enjoy busting boxes. They say the 2020 class is weaker so hopefully lesser demand and prices getting more normal

Giant49erfan Wrote:Thanks  rjcj2017  for responding. Yeah box was $420.

I do miss the days were i  could walk into Target and buy some blasters.

Sure trading makes sense or buying singles. But I do enjoy busting boxes. They say the 2020 class is weaker so hopefully lesser demand and prices getting more normal
Everyone likes busting boxes. 

If we all quit supporting Doosh Bag price gougers, maybe we can all go back to finding them at Target.

Giant49erfan Wrote:Thanks  rjcj2017  for responding. Yeah box was $420.

I do miss the days were i  could walk into Target and buy some blasters.

I'm really hoping the prices come back down for 2020-21 but we'll see. The prices were absolutely stupid this year and Panini puts all their effort into high end stuff. Prestige: gone. Status: likewise. Their entry level set Complete last came out 3 years ago. I'm sure they're making a ton of money from high end collectors but they need to cultivate younger and new collectors with cheaper sets.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

cjgiannini Wrote:I'm really hoping the prices come back down for 2020-21 but we'll see. The prices were absolutely stupid this year and Panini puts all their effort into high end stuff. Prestige: gone. Status: likewise. Their entry level set Complete last came out 3 years ago. I'm sure they're making a ton of money from high end collectors but they need to cultivate younger and new collectors with cheaper sets.
Agreed.

I'm just hoping I'll be able to find some Hoops or Donruss this year, not even worried about Prizm or Mosaic anymore with all the sharks in the water.

Or, I'll just keep buying singles. Or trading.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Agreed.

I'm just hoping I'll be able to find some Hoops or Donruss this year, not even worried about Prizm or Mosaic anymore with all the sharks in the water.

Or, I'll just keep buying singles. Or trading.
Same. I'm hoping to buy some Hoops boxes. I'm thinking I might just try to find a complete base set of Donruss on eBay and spend the money I would save on that on Select (which I enjoyed opening this year despite the price increase).
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

cjgiannini Wrote:Same. I'm hoping to buy some Hoops boxes. I'm thinking I might just try to find a complete base set of Donruss on eBay and spend the money I would save on that on Select (which I enjoyed opening this year despite the price increase).
Honestly, now that I think about it, I'm not in too big of a hurry to give Panini more money.

Their absurd hobby prices and refusal to acknowledge and rectify the trickle down effect on retail is a pretty massive slap in the face to people like me, who have literally supported them since they rolled out their first product - 2009-10 Prestige Basketball.

I bought 11 hobby boxes the day it came out - closest I've ever come to opening a case.

And never slowed down, especially on basketball, up until this year.

They don't even have the decency to respond when I reach out to them ... even if it's a token "hey, we got your letter, there's nothing we can or want to do about it, thanks for the feedback" type of brushoff.

Even before the rise of the Doosh Bag Network, Panini was doing shady things like charging $13 for 5 junk Rewards Points cards, shipped first class in a bubble envelope.

You know, the one that should have cost me $4 ... not $13?

Anyway, yeah, I might just buy singles of whoever the Warriors and Kings pick, and call it good.

Got to get that $9 back somehow.