`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 Packs of 2020 Sticker Collection

16 Packs of 2020 Sticker Collection
Seeing how there are no actual football cards to be found in my area retail stores, I looked at a pack of 2020 Sticker Collection, and it said "1 card and 5 stickers inside."

1 card ... as in ... an actual football card?

So I grabbed five and pulled the RCs of Justin Herbert and Jordyn Woods.

Not bad, so today I went to a different store and cleared out the last 11 packs of the box.

These are $1.59 apiece, so I was pretty pleased overall.

Very happy with the card in today's first pack, considering there are 100 cards in the set ...

[Image: TompaBay.jpg]

Tompa Bay Brady!

The RCs themselves are not much to look at but basically fall one very other pack or so.

Here are the highlights:

[Image: Rookies.jpg]

Now, on to the stickers.

Disclaimer - I do not like stickers, much in the same vein that I do not like mini cards. I just don't know what to do with them, they don't fit anywhere.

But here are the highlights:

[Image: Stickers.jpg]

So as you can see on the left, the Chase Young sticker is basically the same design as the base rookie cards above it.

However, the "NFL Draft" stickers feature pro uniforms, such as Tua and Clyde above.

These were the only two I pulled in the 16 packs.

There are also silver versions of the actual cards as well as the stickers.

(Not pictured: Jordan Love silver RC. He's a Packer so I don't need to show him off.)

Also, as far as I can tell from looking on Doosh Bay as well as the checklist, the NFL Draft stickers do not have a trading card version, so no pro unis on the trading cards.

But, my overall investment was about $26, or a little more than a blaster, so not bad.

I may see if the original box has any packs left, as Burrow and Swift are on the checklist and I'm PCing both of those guys.

RE: 16 Packs of 2020 Sticker Collection
(10-14-2020, 03:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: (Not pictured: Jordan Love silver RC. He's a Packer so I don't need to show him off.)
We're all better off with that decision Wink. COME AT ME NATE!!!

jplarson Wrote:We're all better off with that decision Wink.  COME AT ME NATE!!!
I mean, why waste a perfectly good digital photo on a Green Bay Puker?

In all seriousness, even though the rookie cards are somewhat basic in design, the cool thing is you actually get to see what the players look like.

It's hard to tell sometimes if you never see them without their helmets.

Plus, in a very weird way, they somehow remind me of the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. RC with the similar headshot.

They started doing that last year with the Cards, listed as Stickers Cards. Have Black /1, Blue /299, Gold /10 and Silver (at least those were last years parallels. Only know because I obtained some of my PC players.

I haven't recently bought stickers. Have some unopened boxes from the 80's, but never opened any. Hate to say it, but if I actually see them in my Target I might end up buying some.
I collect Andre Johnson, Redskins from the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies,
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:They started doing that last year with the Cards, listed as Stickers Cards.  Have Black /1, Blue /299, Gold /10 and Silver (at least those were last years parallels.  Only know because I obtained some of my PC players.

I haven't recently bought stickers. Have some unopened boxes from the 80's, but never opened any.  Hate to say it, but if I actually see them in my Target I might end up buying some.
I was thrilled with the Brady ... first new Bucs card of him for my PC since like July?

dogger99 Wrote:They started doing that last year with the Cards, listed as Stickers Cards.  Have Black /1, Blue /299, Gold /10 and Silver (at least those were last years parallels.  Only know because I obtained some of my PC players.

I haven't recently bought stickers. Have some unopened boxes from the 80's, but never opened any.  Hate to say it, but if I actually see them in my Target I might end up buying some.
Desperation to open something does weird things to people.

If I ever just want to open something, I have several hundred unopened Sage and Leaf retail packs - actually I sometimes will open them when bored - I actually got an autograph card out of one of the Sage packs.

(10-15-2020, 08:11 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Desperation to open something does weird things to people.

If I ever just want to open something, I have several hundred unopened Sage and Leaf retail packs - actually I sometimes will open them when bored - I actually got an autograph card out of one of the Sage packs.
I still have an unopened box of 2015 Upper Deck CFL for that exact reason.

ZSDOne Wrote:Desperation to open something does weird things to people.

Yeah, I mean, under normal circumstances I wouldn't even look at the sticker packs, but it's like in the movies when people start eating bugs when they're on a deserted island ... lack of options.

The Brady was a nice surprise, but I'm pretty sure I'm done.

jplarson Wrote:I still have an unopened box of 2015 Upper Deck CFL for that exact reason.
That actually kind of sounds like like it would be fun to open.

Much more fun than Sage Hit retail packs

ZSDOne Wrote:That actually kind of sounds like like it would be fun to open.

Much more fun than Sage Hit retail packs
An auto from Moon, Flutie or Rocket Ismail would be pretty sick actually.