`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Hear it for the Case Breakers

Let's Hear it for the Case Breakers
Thanks to the rise of case breaks and the ludicrous prices, we now see a price of $244.95 for Origins.

But I guess that people can always buy into case breaks - but this product brings caveat emptor to new levels for case breaks - looking at the checklist, and you see that 8 of the 32 teams (25%) have no autographs.  

So people buying into the random case break have a 25% chance of getting a team that have 0 chance of getting an autograph card - the primary hits from the product.  Some of the other teams have inserts or leftover RPS junk memorabilia cards - so I guess you get something.  

But I am guessing that if people are selling individual teams for their case break that the price of the Houston Texans will be quite low.

Also, fun note - MSRP for this product is $110 - and last year, I got an individual Origins patch autograph for $12.50.  So good luck with that a $250.

But I guess that when case breakers can actually get people to pay for a product where 25% of their customers are guaranteed to be shut out on the hits, used lottery tickets are starting to seem like a more finacially responsible purchase than football cards

RE: Let's Hear it for the Case Breakers
This is all just ludicrous what people are paying for hardly anything worth keeping, let alone sell. My PC worth over $60K per Beckett would probably sell for over $100K if I sold only the decent cards separately and kept the other 15,000 cards. Nuts!

We should all try to not get caught up in this unless you are serious about leaving the hobby and cleaning house to pay for retirement, new baby, new house, etc.

It's insane! Love the design this year, but yeah, I think it'll be cheaper to buy singles, and no way would I do a random team break. PYT with reasonable prices for the teams that have nothing, and I might get into them if there's a player I want to collect. But yeah, I'm putting more money towards the stock market than cards right now lol. Despite the volatility, it feels safer than hoping for that Mahomes auto!

LOL, the Doosh Bag Network continues to thrive!

I bought into random teams case break yesterday for origins $121.

I got the Jets and got a Denzel Mims RPA, Lamichael Perine RPA, and another Lamichael Perine auto.

Not a fan of the Jets or these players, but did okay.

megatronford Wrote:I bought into random teams case break yesterday for origins $121.

I got the Jets and got a Denzel Mims RPA, Lamichael Perine RPA, and another Lamichael Perine auto.

Not a fan of the Jets or these players, but did okay.
Yeah, you definitely lucked out in getting a team with at least two players in the RPA set - and did better than one box with the two RPA and one on card (if like last year) auto - but man, that is a whole lot of money to spend to risk getting only base.

The LCS near my house was sold out of Origins already - still had Certified at $250 and Elite at $270 - and a lone box of Allen & Ginter for $130.  Was a very easy choice of what to buy (the highlight was a Harmon Killebrew rip card /75)

Seasoned and respectable case breakers lump in teams that have no hits in with other teams that have few hits, or will give them away altogether.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

foleylion08 Wrote:Seasoned and respectable case breakers lump in teams that have no hits in with other teams that have few hits, or will give them away altogether.
Well,I would hope so - but given the nature of a lot of products, paying $121 for a random team is still a big risk

ZSDOne Wrote:Well,I would hope so - but given the nature of a lot of products, paying $121 for a random team is still a big risk
And the resale potential can't be good unless you hit one of the big names.

They want $350 for a 4 pack box of Absolute this year. More than double of last year. What a shame.