`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Donruss Retail - 37 Packs ... In a Row?

2020 Donruss Retail - 37 Packs ... In a Row?
The headline is a "Clerks" reference for those of you old enough to remember that classic film.

Yes, Friday night I found 37 loose retail packs of Donruss football left in a large gravity feed box, so I cleared them out.

(The sharks had already dusted all the blasters, hangers, fat packs, etc.)

I did pretty well, was pleased:

- Auto/mem - zero

- Red Hot Rookies - Chase Young

- The Rookies - Zach Moss

- Rated Rookies:

D'Andre Swift (Lions PC!)
Jeff Okudah (Lions PC!)
Henry Ruggs III (Raiders PC!)
Bryan Edwards (Raiders PC!)
Brandon Aiyuk (49ers PC!)
Isaiah Simmons
Chase Young
CJ Henderson
Cole Kmet
Ke'shawn Vaughn
Denzel Mims
DeeJay Dallas
Jonathan Taylor
Michael Pittman (canvas) - USC PC!
KJ Hamler (canvas)

- Notable Regular Rookies - Quintez Cephus (Lions PC!)

- Legends of the Fall - Len Dawson, Jack Ham

- 1990 Throwback - Christian McCaffrey, Chris Godwin

- Elite Series - Christian McCaffrey

- Elite Series Rookie - Jacob Eason

- Power Zone - Darren Woodson

- The Champ is Here - Tyrann Mathieu (thought it was Mahomes at first)

- Elite Series Legends - Barry Sanders (Lions PC!)

- Retro - Joe Montana

I also pulled most of the veterans who changed teams, like Gronk, Gurley, Hopkins, Gordon, Rivers ... no Brady though.

Had I pulled a Burrow and at least a base Brady this would have been an A+ break.

I'll give it an A-minus for the nice Lions and Chase Young cards, plus the Colts' new law firm of Taylor, Pittman and Eason (LOL).

I'm not sure how hobby Donruss breaks down but some of the inserts seemed pretty scarce (1 each of Red Hot Rookies and The Rookies for me in these 37 packs).

Here's a scan of the Swift: 

[Image: Swift.jpg]

RE: 2020 Donruss Retail - 37 Packs ... In a Row?
I'd be interested in any rookies or retro 1990 cards you'd looking to move. I think I'd like to put a set together of this. Congrats on finding packs!

Envious, sort of. Definitely not bothering with building the set (Rated Rookie BS). But will probably buy fat packs just to open something. If I ever see them. If I don't, money saved.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

jplarson Wrote:I'd be interested in any rookies or retro 1990 cards you'd looking to move.  I think I'd like to put a set together of this.  Congrats on finding packs!
Thank you, I have a trade idea for you.

dogger99 Wrote:Envious, sort of.  Definitely not bothering with building the set (Rated Rookie BS).  But will probably by fat packs just to open something.  If I ever see them.  If I don't, money saved.
Yeah, I think I'm done with these. Was really hoping to pull a Burrow so I could officially move on but don't want to buy more and get a bunch of dupes.

Sounds like a shark wiped out the last 37 packs, did ya carry the gravity feeder to the register?  Big Grin

ahvjr Wrote:Sounds like a shark wiped out the last 37 packs, did ya carry the gravity feeder to the register?  Big Grin
That would only be if I took each of the $1.99 packs home and then immediately listed them on Doosh Bay for $4.99 each.

And then I would have needed to list the empty gravity box as its own item for the low, low price of $30.