`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope I'm Wrong About This, But I Doubt It

I Hope I'm Wrong About This, But I Doubt It
Can't verify because, you know, can't find it in retail, but was looking for something on eBay and came across what I believe to be of a photo of a 2020 Donruss blaster.

(You know, the ones marked up by the doosh bags who are free to stalk distributors because I work all day and pay taxes to support them?)

Anyway, the packaging says "One memorabilia card or magnet card per box."

OK, seriously, WTF?

It's bad enough when:

- A Panini product says one memorabilia card or autograph per box ... 99 percent of the time you know you're getting a memorabilia card
- In the special case of 2019 Contenders, one memorabilia card or autograph card per box actually meant one Rewards card per box (and be prepared to pay $13 shipping for 5 cards in one bubble mailer ... I added that part because it happened to me)

But now Panini is not even guaranteeing a jersey card at minimum?

I mean, a magnet card? Might as well be one of Topps' stupid manufactured medallion cards.

Wow ... just ... wow.

I was actually hoping to find some 2020 Donruss someday and now based on principle I'm pretty sure I'm not going to bother.

A magnet card. Give me an effing break.

I continue to be amazed at how little regard this company has for its customers.

RE: I Hope I'm Wrong About This, But I Doubt It
Just think how much more you will enjoy opening the fridge with Josh Donaldson magnet on it!!

kerryandbeth Wrote:Just think how much more you will enjoy opening the fridge with Josh Donaldson magnet on it!!
LOL, like how stupid do they think we are?

Blasters with a plain swatch card are a marginally good deal at 19.99 ... not so much with a magnet card.

Well, hopefully even the idiots that buy marked up retail will eventually realize how little value there is in general and will put the shark losers out of business and back to Beanie Baby land.

Went to Target yesterday.  This is what our shelves look like.  The other 75% to the left is all gaming crap.  The bottom 3 shelves as you see are binders (for what) and a few racing boxes. Has looked like this every time I have been there for the last 2+ weeks.

In the upper left corner there were gravity feeds for Score and Prestige.  Those are now gone.  Replaced with 3 gravity feeds for Stadium Club baseball and 1 A&G baseball.  No problem there, weren't there Tuesday.  Problem is that all 3 Stadium Club gravity feeders are empty.  Handful of A&G left.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I guess this is what happens when you can't have the new RPS rookies where 10 jersies at once for "player worn" RPS junk memorabilia cards - although don't they have left over from the last several years? Even most of the veteran memorabilia cards are leftover RPS junk now.

And personally I think that a magnet card is actually more fun (and useful, I'd put it on my file cabinet at work) than a $2 memorabilia card

Dogger, how'd you get a picture of what my local Targets look like?!

jplarson Wrote:Dogger, how'd you get a picture of what my local Targets look like?!
LOL.  It can probably be used as a stock photo for all Targets.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

dogger99 Wrote:LOL.  It can probably be used as a stock photo for all Targets.
Eerily identical to both of mine, although the sports card hole is on the left so you can be disappointed the moment you walk in the door.

You don't have to walk all the way around the $1 aisles to get there.

However, I did buy one of said binders because it comes with 100 sheets, meaning 900 cards, so I can actually recycle 900 penny sleeves and not have to pay the ridiculous markup for those.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Eerily identical to both of mine, although the sports card hole is on the left so you can be disappointed the moment you walk in the door.

However, I did buy one of said binders because it comes with 100 sheets, meaning 900 cards, so I can actually recycle 900 penny sleeves and not have to pay the ridiculous markup for those.
A lot of the Targets here have moved the cards to the toy section - or by the "entertainment" section

And somebody posted a case break of Donruss blasters elsewhere - the breakdown was 16 memorabilia, 3 magnets, and 1 autograph card

rjcj2017 Wrote:Eerily identical to both of mine, although the sports card hole is on the left so you can be disappointed the moment you walk in the door.

I have bought several of those plastic (come in white, black, red, blue, green, $14.99) binders.  They have 20 sheets, and have black matte in the middle.  So the cards aren't really back to back.  These are perfect for many of my Aggies that don't have a ton of cards other than year 1.