`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seriously?

RE: Seriously?
rjcj2017 Wrote:I could find 2018 Donruss blasters as late as the holiday season of 2019 last year, but now that Panini has created a false buzz around 2020 Donruss with the stupid pricing, it is nowhere to be found.
I don't go to too many stores to often - but the Target I walked to during my lunch break from work didn't have any Donruss - they did have several Prestige Fat Packs that had just showed up - they also had Archives Baseball Fat Packs.

I got a couple to have something to open for fun - the Archives Baseball Fat Packs were much better - one of them had both an autograph - some Red Sox Guy from the 1970s (1:33 odds) and a Red /75 (1:40 odds).  The Prestige Football were highlighted by some Mahomes insert, a Burrows rookie, and the third Derrick Henry Heroes I have pulled)  At least the Mahomes insert and Burrows rookies were something I hadn't gotten before.

ZSDOne Wrote:I got a couple to have something to open for fun - the Archives Baseball Fat Packs were much better - one of them had both an autograph - some Red Sox Guy from the 1970s (1:33 odds) and a Red /75 (1:40 odds).  The Prestige Football were highlighted by some Mahomes insert, a Burrows rookie, and the third Derrick Henry Heroes I have pulled)  At least the Mahomes insert and Burrows rookies were something I hadn't gotten before.
I loved Archives when it first came out in the early 2000's : baseball and football.  Even the Fan Favorites.  Might get some this year (if I see it).  Just looked at the checklist to see who your Bosox auto was, Bernie Carbo?  Saw that one of the subsets is 1974.  That was the first year a really started collecting big.
I collect Andre Johnson, Redskins from the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies,
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

It is Bernie Carbo -always cool to get an on card auto out of retail. And getting an auto out of a fat pack is really cool.

Archives football was a lot of fun - and it got me one of my best retail pulls ever - a Doug Plank USFL autographed buy back numbered to 10.

Topps has had some absolutely great designs in both baseball and football.

It's going to be fun completing rainbows when there are 31 parallels of a base card!

Parallels:

Mosaic
Blue Reactive Mosaic
Camo Pink Mosaic
Genesis Mosaic
Gold Reactive Mosaic
Green Mosaic
Green Reactive Mosaic
Orange Reactive Mosaic
Peacock Choice Mosaic
Red Mosaic
Silver
Silver No Huddle Mosaic
White Sparkle
Blue Mosaic – /99
Fusion Red Choice Mosaic – /80
Blue No Huddle Mosaic – /75
Purple No Huddle Mosaic – /50
Purple Mosaic – /49
Orange Fluorescent Mosaic – /25
White Mosaic – /25
Gold Fluorescent Mosaic – /20
Pink No Huddle Mosaic – /20
Gold Wave Mosaic – /17
Blue Fluorescent Mosaic – /15
Gold Mosaic – /10
Gold No Huddle Mosaic – /10
Pink Fluorescent Mosaic – /10
Black Gold Choice Mosaic – /8
Black Mosaic – 1/1
No Huddle Black Mosaic – 1/1
Nebula Choice Mosaic – 1/1
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

jaderock Wrote:It's going to be fun completing rainbows when there are 31 parallels of a base card!

Parallels:

Mosaic
Blue Reactive Mosaic
Camo Pink Mosaic
Genesis Mosaic
Gold Reactive Mosaic
Green Mosaic
Green Reactive Mosaic
Orange Reactive Mosaic
Peacock Choice Mosaic
Red Mosaic
Silver
Silver No Huddle Mosaic
White Sparkle
Blue Mosaic – /99
Fusion Red Choice Mosaic – /80
Blue No Huddle Mosaic – /75
Purple No Huddle Mosaic – /50
Purple Mosaic – /49
Orange Fluorescent Mosaic – /25
White Mosaic – /25
Gold Fluorescent Mosaic – /20
Pink No Huddle Mosaic – /20
Gold Wave Mosaic – /17
Blue Fluorescent Mosaic – /15
Gold Mosaic – /10
Gold No Huddle Mosaic – /10
Pink Fluorescent Mosaic – /10
Black Gold Choice Mosaic – /8
Black Mosaic – 1/1
No Huddle Black Mosaic – 1/1
Nebula Choice Mosaic – 1/1
Good news is I won't be able to find any, so I don't have to worry about it, LOL

JP for the win! That was great lol.

Good luck Jaderock!
Rodgers/ Nelson combo cards
SB MVPs
Prizm Patented Penmanship autos 2016 (11/40)
Burfict Plates and rainbows
Nick Collins
Chasers:
Bernie Kosar NT CM 2012 /25
Bart Starr NT CM 2012 /99
A. Rodgers Playoff 2016 parallels
https://www.flickr.com/photos/savagenate/
Rumble/YT-budgetcollector99

jplarson Wrote:It's neat how Panini takes a concept for an insert set and turns it into it's own product line.  Let's journey back to 1999 and look at the base Topps offering.  They had insert sets called All-Matrix, MVP Promotion, Mystery Chrome, Picture Perfect (lol), Record Numbers, and Season's Best.  Now let's see what Panini would do:

2020 Panini Matrix - a juicy set that offers 200 base cards, 100 veterans and 100 rookies.  50 of those rookies will be 3rd day or UDFA rookies.  There will be 10 parallels with different color matrices.  There will also be unannounced variations.  You'll get 2 sticker autographs and 2 memorabilia cards cut straight from authentic jerseys on clearance from Fanatics.com.  5 cards per pack, 8 packs per box, 2 boxes per mini case, 4 mini cases per master case.  $400 per box.

2020 Panini Promotion - the most eagerly awaited football product of the 2nd week in September.  3 card packs, 4 packs per box, 8 boxes per case.  Every single base, insert, auto, and jersey cards are ALL redemptions.  Even the Panini Reward points cards are redemptions!  That's right, enter a unique code and pay $4.99 to have your points card shipped to you.  It plays into the passion Panini has for promotions where they make money on selling boxes, then make money on shipping missing hits until they expire 2 years down the road.  Really saves mon.... I mean brings value to the collector!  A steal at $279 a box.

2020 Panini Mystery - A mysterious set that features black ink on black cardstock.  Chase 1/1's with special black foil over black holographic technology.  Marvel at variations which feature different card stock thickness, a real innovation!  No set checklist, print odds, or even hits are listed.  Preorders can be made now, shipping dates are unknown.

2020 Panini Picture Perfect - A brand new twist to a recently acquired brand made by another more beloved company.  A hulking checklist of 500 cards which will feature parallels sold exclusively through different retail outlets.  Stalk vendors to find Target red, Walmart blue, Amazon yellow, Menards green, Applebees BBQ brown, San Diego County Zoo zebra stripe, and Apple white.  Each of the 500 cards will also have 3 photoshopped variations which include different color socks, slightly different player photos from the same game or event, and possibly holding a football (or not!).  In your zeal to bust packs, visit your local card shop to find hobby exclusive parallels of dark red, light blue, neon yellow, hunter green, KC Masterpiece brown, zebra stripe with stripes going in the opposite direction, and Android white parallels.  All of which will be unnumbered to enhance collecting fun.  50 card jumbo retail packs with no hope of autos will be $9.99 if you can find them and hobby 8 card packs will be $14.99.  Boxes are simultaneously available for preorder and sold out.

2020 Panini Record Numbers - All base cards are printed with a vinyl record feel that can be played, once, on a real record player!  Inserts include Gold and Platinum parallels with print runs depending on net likes for a player's most popular uploaded video.  If the player's video has been ratio'ed and has a negative number, Panini will come to your house and take cards out of your collection.  Enjoy ripping special Panini webstore exclusive 'Rona parallels that come with pieces of player worn face masks.  Panini is not responsible for any health issues that may arise.

2020 Panini Season's Best - product will be released in May of 2021 and yet somehow everyone will be fine with this being considered a 2020 release.  The top rookies will be cherry picks to be featured in the base set force collector's to consider this the definitive release of 2020.  All autographs will be used from leftover stickers from the previous season.  Enjoy chasing Patrick Mahomes centered Season's Best of the Best insert set, with 5,127 different cards to chronicle each passing yard he threw for.  PMSBOTB will be a case hit with parallels of /100, /50, /25, /20, /15, /10, /5, /3, /1, and printing plates available to ensure no one ever completes a set ever.  Case breakers will snap up all available product and sell the Kansas City Chiefs at 75% cost of the entire case but the buyer will only get 20 Sammy Watkins base cards.  Retail only offerings will not have any of the PMSBOTB inserts despite heavily marketing Mahomes all over the packaging.  However these will be sold directly to ebay resellers to sell at 4x the MSRP.
Applebees brown, LOL

Someone spent about 10.5k on a 12 box case break of mosaic for one team...the bengals...Holy money batman!
Rodgers/ Nelson combo cards
SB MVPs
Prizm Patented Penmanship autos 2016 (11/40)
Burfict Plates and rainbows
Nick Collins
Chasers:
Bernie Kosar NT CM 2012 /25
Bart Starr NT CM 2012 /99
A. Rodgers Playoff 2016 parallels
https://www.flickr.com/photos/savagenate/
Rumble/YT-budgetcollector99

savagenate Wrote:Someone spent about 10.5k on a 12 box case break of mosaic for one team...the bengals...Holy money batman!
Assuming you could find boxes at under 875 a piece, you could have gotten 12 entire boxes for that

ZSDOne Wrote:Assuming you could find boxes at under 875 a piece, you could have gotten 12 entire boxes for that
Lunacy, all of it ... when $875 is tossed out as a logical price for a box.