`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!

RE: A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!
I gotta ask who is this blackrose character I keep seeing pop up?

jplarson Wrote:I gotta ask who is this blackrose character I keep seeing pop up?
blackrose289 opens a bunch of high end and lists them on ebay for super high prices. Must have money because they really don't seem too interested in selling.

jplarson Wrote:I gotta ask who is this blackrose character I keep seeing pop up?
Lol you don't know blackrose?!!!!! They are a "seller" on ebay. They open a ton of flawless and national treasures, as well as buy singles, and then put them up for insane prices. They outbid me on a Vontaze Burfict a few years ago and won it for $50. They put it back up for sale right after they got it for $150. They've done that with a bunch of other cards too. They decline basically any offer. They hoard multiples of the same card too, so it s good thing you don't try putting those sets together lol.

I have never sold on eBay and only purchased twice, and glad I'm not the only one who has not heard of blackrose!

This makes my point about greed and a feeling of deserving that society has pushed out.  How many commercials have "get what you deserve" within them!!

Ridiculous.

Ah, the ignorance of the innocent Smile. I remeber reading about a dude hoarding 1995 or 1996 Erik Kramer Laser Inscriptions autographs then selling them for big bucks to set collectors.

Whatever, if blackrose289 wants eBay to run his personal gallery for his collection more power to him. I wouldn't want to eat the fees personally but to each their own!

jplarson Wrote:Ah, the ignorance of the innocent Smile.  I remeber reading about a dude hoarding 1995 or 1996 Erik Kramer Laser Inscriptions autographs then selling them for big bucks to set collectors. 

Whatever, if blackrose289 wants eBay to run his personal gallery for his collection more power to him.  I wouldn't want to eat the fees personally but to each their own!
Yeah, I've kinda come to terms with it now that I've realized you can't super Pc  a guy in today's world. Too many cards. I'm still trying to get over the frustration of getting outbid on that Burfict though...there's only been one other that blackrose doesn't own that popped up, and I got sniped on it. So 7 years later and I'm still missing that card lol.

I agree, I started collecting 30 years ago with all sports, and dropped one sport at a time because there were so many products and the prices kept getting higher. I am now buying football only but when I saw the prices this year I am seriously thinking of stopping buying any new cards. I believe card companies are going to be stuck with surpluses causing the to discount box prices crashing the values of cards and burning the people paying the ridicules current prices.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

If you ask yourself, "am I being a doosh bag," in any facet relating to trading cards, the answer is probably yes, and you should stop doing it.