Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Cards from a Complete Set

Grading Cards from a Complete Set
Hello all,

I am new to grading cards and have been accruing cards that I plan to send in. Among those, I found several complete sets of Topps 2018 baseball and I was going to submit the cards like Rafeal Devers, Ozzie Albies, Flaherety, etc. 

Will these cards grade just like normal, pack-pulled card? I know the card with image variations will have be marked as complete set (like Acuna or Torres from 2018), but I didn't believe the others would. 

Then I recently saw this PSA graded card that was marked as Complete Set even though the card number and image appears to be the same as the base RC for this player - https://imgur.com/a/toue5hY

So is there another way for graders to identify that a card came from a complete set instead of a pack?

Thanks!

RE: Grading Cards from a Complete Set
Hi there PB&J, when you fill out a submission sheet you will have the opportunity to identify the exact set the cards come from. Graders are human of course and it's not unheard of for cards to be mislabeled in the holder. Personally if I were submitting and there was some question as to the exact set or variation, I might label the case the card is in with some masking tape denoting it's a variation or from a complete set.

Good luck on your submissions and please post your results!