`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solid Break of 2020 Prestige Football - Scans Added!

Solid Break of 2020 Prestige Football - Scans Added!
Retail football continues to be good to me ... when I can find it.

Inspired by dogger99’s recent Prestige bust, I looked for and found some today at Target as well.

The shark idiots got all the blasters and whatever other product they put out, but I was able to get three hangers and eight fat packs of 2020 Prestige.

The highlights:

-         Tom Brady’s first retail Buccaneers card!
-         D’Andre Swift RC parallel/299 for Lions PC!
-         D’Andre Swift RC for Lions PC
-         Alvin Kamara Stars of the NFL mem card
-         Base RCs of Burrow and Tua

[Image: Tom.jpg]

The collation was not great, as I got up to triples of some of the base cards, but I was happy with the rookies I pulled.

Prestige opened up the checklist a little bit and I also pulled some rookies without any previous cards like Andrew Thomas and Cesar Ruiz.

No huge pulls but very satisfied with what I got.

RE: Solid Break of 2020 Prestige Football
(07-24-2020, 03:48 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: -         Tom Brady’s first retail Buccaneers card!
Nice pull! I know you were looking for a Brady Bucs card, glad you were able to secure one.

jplarson Wrote:Nice pull!  I know you were looking for a Brady Bucs card, glad you were able to secure one.
Yeah, it was funny, I didn't know he was in his new uni in Prestige, but I pulled a Phillip Rivers card in his Colts uni out of the first three hangers and two fat packs I originally bought.

It made me wonder if Brady had been updated as well.

Good thing was, I was still in the Target parking lot and googled it on my phone to see what the new Brady card looked like.

Once I saw it was a Bucs card I went back into the store and bought six more fat packs.

I pulled him in the fourth one, I believe ... was pretty stoked.

There were still four fat packs left in the store but I am going to pass, since like I said the collation was pretty bad.

I plan on putting the Brady in a one-touch, and if I pulled more than one, that would be straining my resources as far as one-touches, LOL

I left behind some fat packs as well. They are best for my set building. But like you said, collation is almost always an issue. I will be patient and wait for the next shipment to show up.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:I left behind some fat packs as well.  They are best for my set building.  But like you said, collation is almost always an issue.  I will be patient and wait for the next shipment to show up.
If I pulled more than one Brady they wouldn't be as special or justify one-touches ... but if I quit now I can say look at this rare one I pulled, that's why I put it in this special case, LOL

rjcj2017 Wrote:If I pulled more than one Brady they wouldn't be as special or justify one-touches ... but if I quit now I can say look at this rare one I pulled, that's why I put it in this special case, LOL
It will be interesting to see what the BV's for this years Brady base will be.  Favre 2009 base cards in Vikings gear had high BV's compared to the rest of the base veterans.  Not nutty high, but instead of $2 it would be $10.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

dogger99 Wrote:It will be interesting to see what the BV's for this years Brady base will be.  Favre 2009 base cards in Vikings gear had high BV's compared to the rest of the base veterans.  Not nutty high, but instead of $2 it would be $10.
I remember that ... back in 2009 the Threads SP #251 was his first Vikings card, and I pulled it out of one blaster.

I couldn't believe it.

It's one of my favorite cards and I even kept it out of the infamous Summer Purge of 2018, LOL

I also pulled a Percy Harvin rookie jersey card, which at the time was a good pull, and I was like, damn, this would have been a great blaster for a Vikings fan.

Pulled a Xtra Points Green Cesar Ruiz. Will put it with the Okudah.

Guess by default I stuck to my guns and didn't buy any more Prestige from this shipment. Went there today for a few things. If they had some value packs or hangers left, I probably would have bought some. But fortunately for me, RJ's retail sharks wiped the shelves clean of all Prestige: megaboxes, blasters, hangers and value packs.

dogger99 Wrote:I left behind some fat packs as well.  They are best for my set building.  But like you said, collation is almost always an issue.  I will be patient and wait for the next shipment to show up.
dogger99 Wrote:Guess by default I stuck to my guns and didn't buy any more Prestige from this shipment.  Went there today for a few things.  If they had some value packs or hangers left, I probably would have bought some.  But fortunately for me, RJ's retail sharks wiped the shelves clean of all Prestige: megaboxes, blasters, hangers and value packs.
I'm hoping that at this time next year they're all sitting on garages full of 2020 products that no one wants to pay the markup for.

I'm calling it good on this product ... the Brady and Swift were very nice pulls and I'm happy to move on.

I may try to PC all of the new Brady cards and call it good on a product when I pull one.