`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beat the Sharks to Some 2020 Chronicles Draft

RE: Beat the Sharks to Some 2020 Chronicles Draft
Finally got a blaster of Chronicles today.  Sometime between Wednesday and today some hit the shelf.  This was the only box left, probably because it was banged up.  Opening this evening and hoping the cards aren't dinged.  My luck I will have a major hit auto with a nasty ding. lol

Cards were unharmed.  Didn't realize until I was opening the box that there were only 4 packs.  Made for a quick break.  Only lasted through a few sips of beer.

As usual with these retail box "guaranteed" autos, I landed the great undrafted free agent Sewo Olunilua out of TCU, unnumbered Prestige.  He only had 3 cards in this entire product: Signatures (which I got), Signatures Plantinum 1/1, and Signatures Red.  What are the freakin' odds.  These  are the autos that probably make up the majority of the blaster hits.  Got  5 from the Crown Royale set (1 red).  So I guess they put 1 of those in each pack.

Won't buy any more of the blasters.  Will get a Mega Box if I ever come across one.  Still only get 1 auto, but 3 times 3 card for twice the price.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Bummer about the missing packs ... you should contact Panini.

Yeah, anyone looking for quality autos in this product, retail wise, is barking up the wrong tree!

rjcj2017 Wrote:Bummer about the missing packs ... you should contact Panini.

Yeah, anyone looking for quality autos in this product, retail wise, is barking up the wrong tree!
No missing packs.  Just didn't realize there were only going to be 4.  Didn't pay attention when I bought it.  Was just happy to get a box.  Just made sure it wasn't Soccer (which Chronicles has done).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:No missing packs.  Just didn't realize there were only going to be 4.  Didn't pay attention when I bought it.  Was just happy to get a box.  Just made sure it wasn't Soccer (which Chronicles has done).
Ah, got it ... only did a mega and three jumbos so was not aware of the pack count.

I'm guessing if they do Chronicles basketball I'll never see a pack of it, LOL

rjcj2017 Wrote:OPC Platinum is a very nice product. They briefly had about four blasters at my local Target but were gone within the day.
Hockey cards aren't common around here even though this is a good hockey market based upon the ratings (at least when the Caps are playing) - most of the stores don't even stock them. 

They are really nice looking chrome cards - and getting top players for the parallels definitely helps.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Bummer about the missing packs ... you should contact Panini.

Hobby seems to be much better for autographs - maybe its that people aren't posting bad boxes, but every break I have seen has contained at least one good autograph