`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1980 Topps Bird/Magic Rookie Grading

1980 Topps Bird/Magic Rookie Grading
I’m considering sending my Bird/Magic rookie in to be graded.  Let me know your thoughts on the centering top to bottom.  Will it pass the 60/40 or 65/35 standard?  Appreciate everyone’s feedback!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 1980 Topps Bird/Magic Rookie Grading
I think it looks pretty good. I would send it in to get graded if it was me. Good luck.

akaus Wrote:I think it looks pretty good. I would send it in to get graded if it was me. Good luck.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.  I think the challenge is determining what value I declare.

It will? be graded as a 'stained' on the back (Bird). Depending on where you send it in. I had a yellow spot on the back of mine that was a little smaller that I never noticed and it took me several looks to figure out what they were talking/grading about.

I think it's 60-40 at worst ... send it in!

I have that card that the original owner (cousin) cut into 3 little cards.  I refuse to look at the value of the original.  I guess that's why he gave them to me.

larenatc Wrote:I have that card that the original owner (cousin) cut into 3 little cards.  I refuse to look at the value of the original.  I guess that's why he gave them to me.
A few years ago when I was a kid I went garage saling with my dad and found a plastic bag full of the mini panels all separated ... for $5.

I went home, dumped them all out and found the three panels for the Bird Magic RC.

I put them together in a recessed screw down card holder and they fit perfectly.

Not bad for $5, I was pretty happy.

Thats a great idea!  It's better than looking at them and whimpering like I have been.rjcj2017 Wrote:A few years ago when I was a kid I went garage saling with my dad and found a plastic bag full of the mini panels all separated ... for $5.

I went home, dumped them all out and found the three panels for the Bird Magic RC.

I put them together in a recessed screw down card holder and they fit perfectly.

Not bad for $5, I was pretty happy.

I found a few of the other combos as well ... if you put them in a penny sleeve and then a toploader that also works, and you honesty can't tell they're separated.

It's probably one of the top 5 "finds" I've ever had, super fun to go through them all and match them up for $5.