`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally found some football, NOT

Finally found some football, NOT
Stopped at Target today.  They actually had new product.  May have had more/different stuff prior to my visit.  There were 3 boxes of Contenders blasters.  Never really get anything good in those since all of the "RC" are usually autos and in the hobby boxes.  Usually just a $5 gu'd.  They also had a lot of Bowman baseball: single 19 cards packs, package with 2 12 card packs and pack of 5 camo cards, and blasters.  I just grabbed 1 each of the blasters and pack with the camos.  Combined with the Donruss I have bought, this is probably the most baseball I have bought since 2007.  That's how much I have been wanting just to open something.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Finally found some football
Well crap. Got tricked.  The Contenders blaster is 2019, not 2020.  SOB.  Wasted $20.

And to boot, got a GD 150 points card.  Already have a 250 from several months ago that I haven't even redeemed since they never have anything I want or need.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

RE: Finally found some football, NOT
The only 2020 football I have seen on the shelf of a retail store recently is Topps XFL Blasters - I am a bit surprised that they haven't gone directly to the half price bin.

dogger99 Wrote:Well crap. Got tricked.  The Contenders blaster is 2019, not 2020.  SOB.  Wasted $20.

And to boot, got a GD 150 points card.  Already have a 250 from several months ago that I haven't even redeemed since they never have anything I want or need.
Yep, I bought three 2019 Contenders blasters this past season and got points cards in all of them.

Never again for me.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Yep, I bought three 2019 Contenders blasters this past season and got points cards in all of them.

Never again for me.
NFL Contenders Blasters are the absolute worst purchase in all of football cards.

Agree with you both. Only bought it because I haven't opened any football for a good while. And for some reason I thought it said 2020. Otherwise would have left it.

I have seen the XFL as well. Thought about buying a box, again just to open football (that I haven't opened before). And there are a couple of Aggies in the set (Christine Michael and Trey Williams). But I would be better served just picking them up from COMC.

The Contenders blasters say one auto or jersey card per box ... so instead of useless points cards, why don't they just put the jersey cards in the boxes?

I'd much rather have a Kyler Murray jersey card than a random 150 point card.

dogger99 Wrote:Agree with you both.  Only bought it because I haven't opened any football for a good while.  And for some reason I thought it said 2020.  Otherwise would have left it.

I have seen the XFL as well.  Thought about buying a box, again just to open football (that I haven't opened before).  And there are a couple of Aggies in the set (Christine Michael and Trey Williams).  But I would be better served just picking them up from COMC.
PM sent my good man!

Even the Darius Slayton jersey card I got out of the one Contenders blaster I got was better than a 150 points card. A 150 Points Card has reached the point where it basically has negative value.

ZSDOne Wrote:Even the Darius Slayton jersey card I got out of the one Contenders blaster I got was better than a 150 points card.  A 150 Points Card has reached the point where it basically has negative value.
Good to know there are not just points cards in every blaster.