`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Face masks

RE: Face masks
rjcj2017 Wrote:Man, I saw that last night, was thinking about you and Kerry ... scary stuff and very sad situation all around.

The more this goes on the more I feel like we're all just living in a bad movie, but instead of it lasting two hours it's lasted more like two months.

Its looking bad in lots of different cities ... everyone stay safe. 
It’s a shame when protests get outta hand. Sure, what happened In Minnesota was despicable, heinous and disgusting but the cops involved should have been immediately arrested, but the poor guy that owns that liquor store that was looted and torched certainly didn’t condone the police-brutality/murder.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Simpleton Wrote:Im sure other people appreciate that you don't shop there, since people like you dont care
if they spread the germs around. Very Disturbing and you wonder why there are over 100,000 
deaths in your country.
First in my state it is not mandatory 
2nd I work in temperatures well over 100 degrees and outside and we all keep our distance from one another and the work I do that is very easy to do
3 when I go home for my days off I don’t go to town unless I have no choice and get groceries and there we follow the isle rule and the social distancing 
when I’m at home I have plenty to do and my closest neighbor is almost a mile away 
I isolate myself from all people as much as possible I don’t go to bars I don’t go to malls and more than 3 people is a crowd for me so I don’t see why I should change anything I am doing. But some people think they need to ware a mask while Visiting web sites like this one and again something I will not do

I should also mention my state is about 50-75 percent back to normal

The way they are reporting the deaths right now does not make since. 100 year old woman died by the virus never mind she was old. If a dear got hit by a car the Government medical people would say killed by the virus. Sorry doc has to get some sarcasm in here too
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I had to chuckle when I saw a guy in a convertible wearing a mask here in Rochester, MN. Where did common sense go?!

kerryandbeth Wrote:I had to chuckle when I saw a guy in a convertible wearing a mask here in Rochester, MN.  Where did common sense go?!
Obviously common sense ain’t all that common anymore. i.e. looters, rioter, and face mask wearing convertible drivers. 
Actually, with all the looting and rioting, they should ban all face masks and arrest anyone showing up with any facial covering. The risk of infection is much less than the risk of destruction right now in these affected urban areas. 
Peaceful protesting is our right as citizens. Unlawful destruction and/or theft of personal property during a riot is domestic terrorism and should be treated as such in the court of law. Put a few of these agitators into prison for 20-30 years and make an example of them. Honestly, if I was an owner of any of these locally owned mom & pop, brink & mortar businesses I would feel fully justified in defending my property with every bullet I own.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Start a fire - no arrest
Damage private property - no arrest
Throw items at police - no arrest
Refuse to wear a mask at Menards - get arrested

Is something wrong with this picture?

I'll chime in on what I'm starting to see as "insanity" across the board (I do not mean this forum board!).

As for the mask situation: I wear one at work WHEN patients are there. They HAVE to wear one, so I feel that I should wear one too. Once they are gone and I am there by myself, the mask comes off. The mask is a nuisance at that point. Wearing the surgical mask for so long is causing me much discomfort and creating acne issues, even for people much older than myself. My cheeks, cheekbones and the back of my ears are suffering badly from having to wear those masks for so long 6 days a week. So... NO, I do NOT wear masks out in public. But I know how to distance myself during all of this. I do have a mask in my car door, in my backpack and in the pocket of my raincoat. But I have not used them yet. They are not required in public here in NC, but I also have only been to the grocery store and a drive-thru gas station since this all started. I did wear a mask into the grocery store the day that NC instated Phase 1 re-opening. That was just b/c of how many people were there at that time. I work in the evening, so I am used to places having much fewer people than during the daytime. What REALLY bothers me about people wearing masks is how many of them are wearing them COMPLETELY wrong! If your mask doesn't cover your NOSE, you might as well take it off. So many people are just using them to cover their mouth and that is not at all the point of the mask!!! If it doesn't cover your mouth AND nose, you are not protecting yourself from anything. See my avatar (that has been the same for a couple of months now) for how a mask SHOULD cover your face!

The "insanity" that I mentioned before is in response to these completely moronic "protests" across the country. One is the Re-Open protests and Two is the George Floyd protests. Nearly everyone in both of these protests is completely doing the opposite of what they are supposed to be protesting.

If you want your state/county/city to re-open stuff: Wear a mask, distance yourself and stay peaceful. Follow the rules to keep everyone safer. I know that the small race track closest to me went viral last week after 2500 people showed up for the races. Most of them followed no rules or suggestions. ACE Speedway is 7 miles from my house and I'm glad I wasn't there last weekend. I can't believe the turnout was so adamant on abandoning the suggestions from all levels of the local governments. The PD and Sherriff's Dept. both said that they would not stop the races, days before the event happened, and I guess people thought that meant it was safe to attend. The departments said they would not interfere JUST b/c the Governors' statement conflicted with the 1st Amendment Right to peacefully assemble. After the fact, he called the crowd "completely reckless".

Now all these ridiculously violent protests about George Floyd's death take center stage. How does violently destroying buildings and vehicles AND attacking police officers help ANY cause??!

When did people forget how to think for themselves and have compassion for their fellow man or woman without getting caught up in hysteria? Riots and violence accomplish nothing more than escalating into MORE violence and destruction!

I'm glad I live way out where these idiots will not trek to at any point!