`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project 2020

RE: Project 2020
There are 400 of these cards that will be sold and right now they are at about 100. Can't imagine with 300 more cards to be sold that the value of the future cards at least will remain that high, Project 2020 fatigue will have to settle in eventually.

I've been picking up the Yankees, but I missed the first few. Wish I had picked up extras of the old ones but its too late now to make much money on the new ones. Still, nice to buy 4 cards in a pre-sale for about $75 and by the time I got them they were selling for $200-400 each.

Apparently there are going to be 20 designs for each, can definitely see some fatigue setting in. Like them or hate them, you've got to give Topps credit for doing something different for once. 25 sets a year reprising old designs was getting really, really old.

I think the point that is being missed here is Topps is generating interest from art collectors not just baseball card collectors, many people who do not follow baseball follow these artists and that is why the spike in prices and demand, i would bet the farm that half the people buying theses cards do not even know who Mike Trout is. It was a smart marketing scheme from Topps considering they lost their cash cow Topps Now due to the current state of baseball.