`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Retail Sharks Can Bite Me - 2 Blasters 2020 Bowman

RE: The Retail Sharks Can Bite Me - 2 Blasters 2020 Bowman
DrMitchJ Wrote:I don’t know exactly how to describe the difference, because it’s subtle. I’m using a Moncada #118 card to compare ( Both White Sox & same color theme ) First I’ll describe the difference between them on the reverse side of the cards ... #118 is overall consistently semi-gloss while #201(Roberts card)  is a little more matte finished except where the black ink is printed ... there it’s semi-gloss. 
On the front, #118 looks very smooth, and semi-glossy. #201 looks like it was printed with more ink, the surface you can ‘see’  where the colors border each other with a very subtle slight edge, like it was printed with a heavier force ... like the printing plate almost embossed it slightly. So yes, it looks to me like it was printed separately from the rest of the cards. But as to the card stock, both are thin, opening Day-like stock. IMO. 
Hope this helps ... I was trying to see if I could catch the difference in a photo, but failed to capture the subtlety.
Sounds good to me, sir ... thank you for the breakdown.

It reminds me of the 2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols "Chrome" card ... actually was more like the foil stock they used on the League Leaders cards that year, rather than actual Chrome, due to the late inclusion of the card in the set.

RE: The Retail Sharks Can Bite Me - 2 Blasters 2020 Bowman
I don't have the Luis Robert Opening Day SP card but from what I've read yes it has a glossier look to it compared to the regular cards in the set.