`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older Beckett Graded Card

Older Beckett Graded Card
Hoping to get a few options on a card I had graded many years ago. It's a 1954 Topps Jackie Robinson card that I am thinking about selling. It was graded 2.5 (77210) but looking at eBay and other graded cards, it looks like it could easily be a 5, possible 6. I have heard that early Beckett grading was very tough. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

RE: Older Beckett Graded Card
Ok.....first thing.....take it out of the Beckett holder.......second.....send it to psa........there number one for a reason....BIG $$$$$$$$.......scg.....would be next for graded vintage........
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Does the holder say BGS or BVG? It came up under BVG using the serial number, but that's not always correct.

That said, the corners on your card graded 2.0, and the highest grade a card can be given is .5 above the lowest sub grade. The rest of the subs are in that 4-6 grade you're talking about, but the corner sub grade holds a lot of weight and can keep the overall grade of an otherwise nice looking card down.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

Sorry, should have included photos in original post
(05-21-2020, 02:46 PM)mlizzi Wrote: Sorry, should have included photos in original post

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If still selling.........I would still cross it over to psa
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

You could lean heavy into the fact that it's a vintage card graded by BGS and has sub grades. Might generate some interest in the relative novelty of it.

That's what I was thinking, it's a vintage card that was graded by modern standards. That's the reason BVG came about for pre 81 cards.

Anyway the corners are rough, but not sub grade of 2 rough unless I'm missing something. I'd definitely crack that and submit to PSA, BGS/BVG doesn't sell for crap when it comes to vintage.
I'd say that card could come back a PSA 4, and if so could bring you an extra $100 for the sale give or take.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

Thanks for all the replies.