`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No patience for this Covid-19 stupidity
Announced today: John Glenn, former astronaut, died of Covid-19 complications. He was 100 years old.

What??! How long was he supposed to live? I am sick and tired of media lies and deception. Nursing homes are to help the elderly be comfortable and safe thru their last days...nothing to do with Covid-19. Lies, lies, lies.

What does this have to do with baseball? Everything...no games are being played to protect those who have less than 12 months life remaining. (They don't have to attend, and those who have other health issues should watch on TV.)
(05-20-2020, 11:29 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Announced today: John Glenn, former astronaut, died of Covid-19 complications. He was 100 years old.

What??! How long was he supposed to live? I am sick and tired of media lies and deception. Nursing homes are to help the elderly be comfortable and safe thru their last days...nothing to do with Covid-19. Lies, lies, lies.

What does this have to do with baseball? Everything...no games are being played to protect those who have less than 12 months life remaining. (They don't have to attend, and those who have other health issues should watch on TV.)
John Glenn died in 2016!

His widow died yesterday at 100.

(05-20-2020, 12:23 PM)ahvjr Wrote: John Glenn died in 2016!

His widow died yesterday at 100.
Wow, I heard it on the radio while driving...I guess I need a Q-tip. Thanks!
(My comments still apply, though)

Yep, my best friend lost his job yesterday due to city budget cuts.

His wife is a makeup artist/small business owner whose primary source of income was weddings, and all of her bookings are now cancelled through September.

So, two parent household, two kids, no jobs.

Tell me again how much longer this needs to drag on?
Sorry a Q-tip does not help with stupidity
(05-20-2020, 12:40 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, my best friend lost his job yesterday due to city budget cuts.

His wife is a makeup artist/small business owner whose primary source of income was weddings, and all of her bookings are now cancelled through September.

Over 90,000 deaths, at least they have parents

(05-20-2020, 12:40 PM)ahvjr Wrote: Over 90,000 deaths, at least they have parents
That's the whole point...people who listen to the deceitful media about how many deaths have occurred. Intelligent people should realize that without COVID-19 existing, there would have been at least 45,000 deaths due to natural causes. Medical facilities label every death as COVID-19 related because they get a higher payout for medical costs...

So, over 300 MILLION people have to suffer because of less than 50,000 "early" deaths. Not smart.
(05-20-2020, 12:40 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, my best friend lost his job yesterday due to city budget cuts.

Sorry about that, RJ. I am still looking for work.
Wow, so the elderly are expandable in your mind!
(05-20-2020, 02:21 PM)ahvjr Wrote: Wow, so the elderly are expandable in your mind!
No, I don't want them to get bigger!Tongue

In 2017 an average of 7,700 people died every day. So, why are we shutting down everything for an average of 1,500 per day?

Life is a form of the word living, not surviving.

In the meantime, unborn babies can be thrown in the trash. Talk about a messed up society!

(05-20-2020, 02:21 PM)ahvjr Wrote: Wow, so the elderly are expandable in your mind!
Expendable, damn auto-correct
I can see both sides, but I do agree with Kerry that we need to get back to normal so people can start working again or find different jobs. There is illness year round that kills people. This one is just getting a lot of attention. Amateur baseball season has started in SD with restrictions and I am very happy to see this. My boys baseball teams are practicing now with restrictions. My family has been lucky so far to not lost any of our jobs, but my wife does work in the medical field so that is scary. They are very cautious and haven't had any issues. I wish everyone the best and hopefully we can get back to normal without losing our loved ones.