`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet-peeves This post probably wont be a fan favorite

RE: Pet-peeves This post probably wont be a fan favorite
(05-19-2020, 04:24 PM)waynetalger Wrote: My pet peeve. I am still waiting on the message in box to let me know I have a trade offer. I dont go to my offer page very often and when I do the trade is months old and been sitting there. So I just cancel the trade. If you send me a trade offer please send a message in my inbox for the email I have on this site is no longer existing when I moved across this Huge state
+10000
Same here. I never regularly check the trade page.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I agree they need something. I get tired of watching offers sit for 4-5 days with no response (especially when the person I sent it to created a thread asking for offers to be sent). I think a notification in the inbox would help move trades along. If I have a trade offer sit for 3-4 days, I will usually cancel it.

(05-19-2020, 04:24 PM)waynetalger Wrote: My pet peeve. I am still waiting on the message in box to let me know I have a trade offer. I dont go to my offer page very often and when I do the trade is months old and been sitting there. So I just cancel the trade. If you send me a trade offer please send a message in my inbox for the email I have on this site is no longer existing when I moved across this Huge state

(05-20-2020, 09:21 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I agree they need something. I think a notification in the inbox would help move trades along.
That would be a huge improvement for the next upgrade.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Honestly I like this hobby and really can't find too much to complain about but after giving it a little more thought I'd have to say the three biggest problems for me are:

1. Storage. 350,000+ cards requires a bigger room in a bigger house. Sad

2. Finances. I'd be on eBay like many of you others and be dealing in higher grade cards but I obviously don't have the amount of income to dedicate to this great hobby. Groceries, heating oil, truck payments, gasoline and mortgage all take priority over my cardboard collection. Sad Sad

3. Hangnails. The biggest problem I have with this hobby is constantly cutting my fingertips on the hard plastic sleeves that I am inevitably putting cards into and taking cards out of and you just can't work them as efficiently with band-aids on. Sad Sad Sad
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

It is ridiculous when a person posts "Let's trade" and then ignores offers sent. What is the deal??!

(05-20-2020, 10:51 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: It is ridiculous when a person posts "Let's trade" and then ignores offers sent. What is the deal??!
I have had at least a dozen of those in the last month. Very frustrating.

Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.