`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about redoing my ORG ... help me out

Thinking about redoing my ORG ... help me out
I've spent the last few weekends, probably about 7-8 all together, putting cards into my ORG. I have put roughly 2k cards into my ORG and made probably 20 trades. So I have kind of gotten an idea to what people are wanting, looking for and trading for.

Now I'm thinking about redoing my ORG. I'm thinking about pulling all of my base cards out and just putting them in a box in the closet to either throw away or give away. Seems no one wants to trade for base cards. I'm not talking about rookie cards or star base, I'm talking common base, team cards, etc.

So I'm thinking about taking all those out and just leaving in the star base cards, rookie cards, inserts, parallels, refractors, SPs, etc. Seems that is all anyone trades for.

Does anyone think that's a good idea? As I said, I will leave all inserts, parallels, refractors, SPs and rookies in my ORG. I will also leave all hall of fame and star base in my ORG. The things I'm taking out are the commons. Heck, I might even take out hall of fame base cards. Or at least lower end or less popular HOFer base cards.

Thoughts?

RE: Thinking about redoing my ORG ... help me out
I would just leave them in your org since you already added them.. you may be surprised at what cards some people want.

Take them to a local church dont toss them or use them as padding when shipping other packages. I think its a great idea if you make your org more user friendly with less cards the deals will flow like water, but thats just me. If you already loaded them in your org you can always just mark them not for trade and if you come across a set collector or whatever you can always edit and add them back.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Normally I would say donate them but for right now donations might be tough with covid-19. You can't just wipe cards down with a sanitizer wipe so many groups may not accept them.

Of course you could check with a couple groups but I wouldn't put too much effort in to it. At least right now.

I'd leave the 2020 base commons in, keep some base from the last 3 years. Use some of what you take out as free bee stuff in trades, I did that all the time when I was actively trading.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

That is the way I have always done it. I never add base cards to my organize. That being said if there is someone who wants some and I have them I will add what I need to to trade them

If you're planning on staying long term, add everything. I get tons of offers from set collectors and player collectors all the time. My last two trades were for a bunch of David Justice cards and a bunch of tigers stuff which was mostly Lou Whitaker and Trammell. I have a lot of parallel and oddball stuff listed so that helps.

(05-17-2020, 01:07 PM)david campos Wrote: If you're planning on staying long term, add everything. I get tons of offers from set collectors and player collectors all the time. My last two trades were for a bunch of David Justice cards and a bunch of tigers stuff which was mostly Lou Whitaker and Trammell. I have a lot of parallel and oddball stuff listed so that helps.
Same here. There are traders on this site that we never hear from but are looking for common stuff you'd think would be difficult to move.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I'm adding everything while I am re-doing my org. Already knocked out a few trades because of it.

Ditto to what David Campos and zeprock posted!!!