`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What do you collect?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Baseball Cards
48.28%
42 48.28%
Basketball Cards
13.79%
12 13.79%
Boxing/Wrestling Cards
2.30%
2 2.30%
Football Cards
13.79%
12 13.79%
Golf Cards
3.45%
3 3.45%
Hockey Cards
6.90%
6 6.90%
Racing Cards
3.45%
3 3.45%
Tennis Cards
1.15%
1 1.15%
Other Sports Cards
2.30%
2 2.30%
Non-Sports Cards
4.60%
4 4.60%
Total 87 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do you collect?
I just collect baseball. That takes up enough of my money. I can't imagine collecting other sports and trying to keep up. Just wondering how many of you collect multiple sports.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html
Basketball and football are actually my two favorites, but yes to baseball as well (specifically, Trout, Tigers and A's.)

(And, of course, low key PCs like White Sox and Blue Jays. The White Sox were the visitors for the first MLB game I ever saw in Oakland back in the mid-80s, and Toronto is like a sister city to Detroit given they're just across the lake from each other.)

I usually do a blaster or two of hockey a year (one per UD series) and a blaster of wrestling (usually Heritage), but have backed way off those the last couple years due to a significant slash in my collecting budget.

Have to say, the way it's going with the retail sharks in my area, I may be getting phased out altogether.
I'd say I'm about 75% baseball, 20% basketball, and 5% other - mostly UFC and a couple of packs of football each year.

With the Zion craze, I wasn't able to pick up much basketball this year either, aside from some Hoops and Donruss.
[Image: lh67pgE.png]
Baseball cards and guns for me.........also fishing lures if that counts? I did pick up some cool and unique ones when I visited Maine a few years ago.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]
I checked off em all as I do have some of the non main sports, mostly they may not be pc but I collect them in a box.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes
I collect baseball. I dabbled some in basketball, but I was only looking for Luka RCs. Only pulled a handful, so gave up on basketball. Wound up basically giving it away for a couple of 90s inserts.

So no more basketball and only baseball for me.

As far as baseball, I love vintage. I also collect Mike Trout and, to some extent, Rangers and Nolan Ryan. But I'm moving away from Rangers and trying to trade for Trout and just RCs.
I collect badeball, basketball, and football. I have some of the other types of cards, but I don't want them. They are not in my org except for Racing, but if anyone needs other or non sports let me know. Trade or sell.
97 percent baseball
3 percent basketball just started chasing about 4 weeks ago, hoping to continue growing it, but specifically only basketball cards from 1985-2013.

Hopefully by 2021 my collection will be 90 percent baseball and 10 percent basketball

Players I collect

Baseball

Harper
Arenado
Bellinger
Acuna
Soto
Trout (if affordable)
Griffey
Bonds

Basketball

Wade
Lebron
Durant
Melo
Vince Carter
Iverson
Kobe
Bosh
McGrady
Duncan

With this being said basketball is my current chase if anyone wants to deal. Nothing in the org is off limits on the baseball side. Basketball is currently all PC but will consider moving for potential PC Cards
WANT LIST

1. 2013 Nolan Arenado Topps Chrome RC refractor (all colors)
2. 2012 Bryce Harper Topps Chrome RC refractor (all colors)
3. 2017 Cody Bellinger Topps Chrome RC refractor (all colors)
4. 2018 Rafeal Devers Topps Chrome RC refractor (all colors)

100% baseball.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.
(05-15-2020, 07:01 PM)akaus Wrote: I collect badeball, basketball, and football. I have some of the other types of cards, but I don't want them. They are not in my org except for Racing, but if anyone needs other or non sports let me know. Trade or sell.
As I mentioned in the OP, I only collect baseball too but I also have all of the other sports and lots of non-sports cards as well that I'd be happy to get rid of. Most of it is listed in my ORG for trade but I have quite few, especially non-sport that Beckett doesn't list. Nothing exceptional other than a couple of autographed circus clown cards.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html