`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has to be a record !!!!

Has to be a record !!!!
I recently accepted a trade and both the trader and I shipped our cards on Wednesday April 29th. By Saturday May 2nd we had both received our cards in the mail. I have never accepted a trade, sent out the cards to the trader, and both of us received our cards delivered that quickly. In 3 DAYS !!!!!! Like I said "it has to be a record". I hope all of my future trades will have the same results....
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

RE: Has to be a record !!!!
(05-03-2020, 09:09 PM)corbin21 Wrote: I recently accepted a trade and both the trader and I shipped our cards on Wednesday April 29th. By Saturday May 2nd we had both received our cards in the mail. I have never accepted a trade, sent out the cards to the trader, and both of us received our cards delivered that quickly. In 3 DAYS !!!!!! Like I said "it has to be a record". I hope all of my future trades will have the same results....
I think that it is more Coronaboredom ... most people are looking to do anything to keep busy and have an excuse to get out to the post office Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

My personal record is two days ... both California members, traded on a Monday and had them by Wednesday if I remember right.

Always great when that happens.

A lot of times it's "I'll also send Tuesday" or whatever, and then their end mysteriously does not go out until the same day or the day after that the tracking number shows my end has been delivered.

So I get to wait an extra four days or so, LOL.

(05-04-2020, 01:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: My personal record is two days ... both California members, traded on a Monday and had them by Wednesday if I remember right.

Always great when that happens.

A lot of times it's "I'll also send Tuesday" or whatever, and then their end mysteriously does not go out until the same day or that day after that the tracking number shows my end has been delivered.

So I get to wait an extra four days or so, LOL.
Hopefully, it is a trade completed correctly at least. There is a trader on this site that marks it shipped but then always waits until the cards I sent are received and then actually mails their cards out. Also, no feedback or even marked as received until I do both. Apparently, he/she also has a boogie man under the bed so the fear is real. LOL

Agreed, you should be honest about not sending until you receive cards..some traders list that..understandable if they have been ripped off in the past.
Have had traders like that too.
From original post..always nice to have a trade accepted, mailed and put away the same week!!

(05-04-2020, 02:06 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Hopefully, it is a trade completed correctly at least. There is a trader on this site that marks it shipped but then always waits until the cards I sent are received and then actually mails their cards out. Also, no feedback or even marked as received until I do both. Apparently, he/she also has a boogie man under the bed so the fear is real. LOL
Oh, yeah, I've only been scammed once (and the police got my card back for me, LOL), but there are several dozen times when I've had to wait a few extra days longer than the person I shipped to, even if we agreed on a date.

Actually, most of the time now that I think about it, LOL

I always mention I can only ship on Friday's due to work hours. I can now send Wednesday's because of working from home that day until virus is gone.

(05-04-2020, 06:36 PM)garrisc Wrote: I always mention I can only ship on Friday's due to work hours. I can now send Wednesday's because of working from home that day until virus is gone.
I can vouch for this gentleman here as a great trader.

As for everyone else that waits-and-sees on shipping, I mean, it largely cracks me up more than anything ... "you mean, I could have trusted the guy's 250+ trades with perfect 5.0 feedback as evidence that we can ship the same day?"

LOL

As long as I get what I'm supposed to in a relatively short amount of time, I'm pretty laid back about it.

Plus, I tend to stick to the people I trust to deal with.

(05-04-2020, 06:36 PM)garrisc Wrote: I always mention I can only ship on Friday's due to work hours. I can now send Wednesday's because of working from home that day until virus is gone.
Yeah, sending that message is totally legit! You and others are fine to do that, and nobody should have a problem with communication. It is the "ghost mailers" that raise an eyebrow.

Luckily I have only been scammed once and I basically stopped trading for over a year because of it. I have just recently started to trade again. I'm starting a project for my great nephew so hopefully I can complete some additional trades in the future. Thanks for all of the responses to my thread.
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.