`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Acunas are jumping again

The Acunas are jumping again
LOL! Sorry for the spinoff on Doc's Mike Trout threads, but something crazy is happening to the 2018 Topps Update Acuna....

RE: The Acunas are jumping again
I had one that's a PSA 9 (along with a PSA 9 Soto) that I tried to move for a couple of weeks on Blowout. Was asking $40, and got no takers. I did have an offer of $40 for both, but I passed on that stupid offer. Glad I didn't move them now.

(05-02-2020, 09:59 AM)jbissell Wrote: LOL! Sorry for the spinoff on Doc's Mike Trout threads, but something crazy is happening to the 2018 Topps Update Acuna....

As a "collector" I really despise large increases...keep values low so cards can be acquired. You know, buy low and keep high.

Crazy! See just regular base ungraded are selling for about $65 Canadian on eBay now
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

There has been some recent discussion on these boards regarding the prices of certain cards that just keeps skyrocketing. I'll be shocked if there is any baseball this year, so I am not understanding not only the demand for this card, but the sharply higher demand.

(05-02-2020, 09:59 AM)jbissell Wrote: LOL! Sorry for the spinoff on Doc's Mike Trout threads, but something crazy is happening to the 2018 Topps Update Acuna....
LOL
Fine by me Smile
... except you have the jump ( Smile )on me, since I have zero Acuna RC updates
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

In the meantime Mookie Betts and Bryce Harper's cards take a nose dive. What the heck? I guess Acuna is having a better season.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(05-03-2020, 08:18 AM)zeprock Wrote: In the meantime Mookie Betts and Bryce Harper's cards take a nose dive. What the heck? I guess Acuna is having a better season.
Bellinger as well.

(05-03-2020, 08:18 AM)zeprock Wrote: In the meantime Mookie Betts and Bryce Harper's cards take a nose dive. What the heck? I guess Acuna is having a better season.
Totally strange and weird, except if you consider this a looooong off-season. During a typical off-season many card values plummeted in the past, so this is an extension of that phenomenon? While pre-season speculation might be driving Acunas values up? I dunno, just trying to make sense of it all.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Perhaps he's doing well on Playstation hens the increase in price lmfao.