`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions

RE: Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions
The reward program was a bad idea which has gotten even worse - as it goes on and the big players have gathered up large numbers of points, you literally have to get on exactly as new cards are posted to get anything that is fairly priced. You often have to be on the site as soon as the card you want goes live in order to get it. Indeed, when they did hte pre-Super Bowl add I proved that by being fortunate enough to go to the site the day they were posted to see the countdown so I could get on the site to get the cards I wanted immediately after they went live - if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have gotten them, two were "sold out" within 5 minutes of going live and the rest were gone within about an hour. It's ridiculous that you have to literally have advanced notice to have a shot of getting something which you're actually willing to pay shipping for - if you don't, you don't have a chance.

I was actually happier they were going to more redemptions - I'd rather get a redemption for a player than get a point - but who knows, with hte new "improved" customer service site maybe they will now start charging for redemptions.

Add in the rapidly escalating prices and it is becoming increasingly clear that Panini doesn't want to get regular collectors business anymore. I guess there is more money in selling to the case breakers or creating digital cards to sell to people. Is "blockchain" the modern word for fake?

And I still have 1350 points just sitting there doing nothing.

I miss Upper Deck ... got a LeBron redemption auto with no issues, a Jordan redemption auto with no issues, and the one time that they didn't have a product that I had a redemption for, I was able to talk to the guy on the phone and he asked me who I collected, so I got a sweet OJ Mayo on card auto (which was a big deal in his rookie year) and it was delivered with no issues.

The LeBron and Jordan autos were actually shipped via FedEx with signature confirmation required, and I didn't pay a dime for shipping.

That's how you do it ... you don't make customers pay for the privilege of jumping through more hoops because you couldn't deliver on your original product.

In fact, as I type this I just remembered another time when Upper Deck had timed out on a low end redemption and they sent me 4-5 rookie jersey cards from 2008 products ... Darren McFadden, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, all big names at the time.

I remember being waaaaay happier with the replacements than the original card I was supposed to get.

Topps redemptions have sucked out loud for me personally, so I don't miss them having a basketball or football license.

I spend less than 10% of what I used to, for all the reasons mentioned above, poor customer service, limited choices, high prices for junk. Patience, and I will trade away the cards I have already for stuff I want here and on other sites. Look at that list from 2008 above. There's NO ONE that anyone wants from all those hyped players back then. Includes DeSean Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Forte, too. Same for Odell Beckham, Baker Mayfield, Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, Calvin Johnson, etc., etc., etc. I'll wait and buy the jersey cards and autos at a local shop or show for $2 in a year or two.
**Looking for certified autos of these 86 Mets: Ojeda, Aguilera, Elster, K. Mitchell, Heep, Sisk, Leach, Niemann, Hearn, Myers, Sid Fernandez and Davey Johnson MGR **  https://www.flickr.com/photos/164322911@N05/albums

Um, Jordy Nelson is on my list! Lol I collect autos I like of him, and dual cards of him and Rodgers. Calvin Johnson, Marshawn Lynch Adrian Peterson, those are still guys worth something!

I have 1050 points plus another 250 that I haven't redeemed (no hurry). Along with all of the negative complaints above, I also don't like that they list game used and inserts. It should be autographs only since that is what we got screwed out of in the boxes. And they have so many of the same players who were busts and nobody cares about like Tre Mason (43 listings and next year it will probably still be 43).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Amen Dogger99! I was on their site once, just to browse, and they had some nice Favre cards. All were jerseys, but they were mid end. That's the only time I've seen anything worth anything on that site.