`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crazy PRICES!!

RE: Crazy PRICES!!
(05-03-2020, 08:35 PM)dimarco73 Wrote: I purchased 2 boxes of 2020 Bowman retail for 99.99 with free shipping Saturday morning. Figured it may be a good idea to grab a couple more so I logged back in this evening and bamm. Price is now $119. Most sites are already sold out on pre-orders.
Prices moved up to $159.95 for the 24 pack 12 card retail boxes and now none are available any longer. Hobby pushing $250+ and very limited. Walmart sold out of blaster's already online.

This must really be the greatest product ever

I thought price gouging during a crisis was illegal?!

I bought exactly one blaster of Bowman last year and pulled a Casey Mize auto for my Tigers PC, so I quit while I was ahead.

It's a fun rip for sure, but most of the money in the Bowman line is in the Chrome prospect autos, and those are very difficult to pull out of retail.

I don't get it.

Maybe the Russians saturated the paper with illegal drugs before Topps printed.
I had pre-ordered 2020 Bowman Sterling back in March for $200 per box from Steel City. Now they are $225 and does not release until August.

(05-13-2020, 02:48 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Maybe the Russians saturated the paper with illegal drugs before Topps printed.
I had pre-ordered 2020 Bowman Sterling back in March for $200 per box from Steel City. Now they are $225 and does not release until August.
C'mon Terry we all know it had to be the Chinese!

At least it seems to be spreading similar to a virus. I chased a 2001 Donruss Rookie Reprint Auto Gwynn last night ungraded that closed at over $200 Everything I see lately is going a lot higher then a year ago. And if you think that's crazy buy a decent steak for the grill!

kerryandbeth Wrote:Maybe the Russians saturated the paper with illegal drugs before Topps printed.

I had pre-ordered 2020 Bowman Sterling back in March for $200 per box from Steel City.  Now they are $225 and does not release until August.
Now the price has risen to $300.  Did someone find out whose autograph will be included, or just greed?!

Also, I see that people are putting 2020 Bowman hobby boxes out there for prices higher than Dave & Adams.  Yeah, right...those will sell fast.  Haha.