`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over 3,000 cards to the garbage can!

RE: Over 3,000 cards to the garbage can!
(04-28-2020, 09:24 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I had no idea!
Yeah, me either until a couple of years ago. Apparently they have been selling them online for many years now.

I threw out a lot, but send some out for TTM autographs. If they don't come back, good riddens.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

(04-26-2020, 12:23 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: but I've done a ton of stuff on the only other 2 trading sites I deal with and it's been awesome helping these collectors out.

But I have so much interest in my 80K card collection that I have to stop trading/selling for months at a time to keep from getting overwhelmed!

I talk to collectors on 3 sites every single night about cards, the hobby and sports in general. I have more than enough to keep me busy and I don't even have accounts on ANY of the social media sites (like Facebook and Twitter) and I never post on selling sites (like COMC, Craig's List, kijiji, etc.). I just stick to my same 3 sites.
Okay, i am curious, you have my full attention. Are these sites a secret or do you wish to divulge your trading site?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-30-2020, 07:08 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Okay, i am curious, you have my full attention. Are these sites a secret or do you wish to divulge your trading site?
PM sent.

I go into Goodwill looking for cards from time to time. One time, they had a 1990 Donruss set in a notebook. They had it price something weird like $50 or something.

I asked how they came up with the value, and they said they looked in a Beckett and added up all of the cards individually. I tried to tell them that's now how it works, and that set prices are lower than cards priced individually.

I also told them to check online prices to try and gauge what it should sell for. They said if I didn't want, I should just walk off. I never went back into that one.

But they do sell cards in store and online.
(04-28-2020, 09:23 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Goodwill actually sells lots of cards on their websites. Some on the national level and some on the state or city level sites.

Too bad there is not a law against overpricing items. I mean, just because somebody else won't buy at a high cost, why should the uneducated seller be allowed to do it?

When I first joined COMC to sell, there were 100s of 1977 Topps cards priced at $47 each...listed on Beckett for 25 cents!! Obviously, some person thought "they are old so they must be worth it", but shame on COMC for not enforcing some guidance when it comes to selling price. Or, is this too far fetched a concept??!

I like to watch reruns of Pawn Stars and a common comment on the show is "just because somebody asks for that amount on the internet does not mean it is worth that much".

(07-20-2021, 11:20 AM)Siegward Wrote: It's good that you at least have one.
Have one what?  Garbage can?

I put all mine in a box and give them to kids on Halloween every year.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(07-20-2021, 06:07 PM)benner73 Wrote: I put all mine in a box and give them to kids on Halloween every year.
I'd be afraid they would start a bonfire in my yard once they realize no candy.

(07-20-2021, 08:14 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I'd be afraid they would start a bonfire in my yard once they realize no candy.
99% of the kids are actually more excited for the cards.  Plus I still give them a piece of candy.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1