`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over 3,000 cards to the garbage can!

RE: Over 3,000 cards to the garbage can!
I love 5000 card monster boxes!!!!!!!

Ill hold on to my cards.......some day one of the 3 monster boxes of 88 donruss will be worth more than .05 and I can tell yous so......lol
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(04-22-2020, 04:25 PM)poolesidesports Wrote: Can's Can - https://www.canscanbenton.org/ -

I am a 501c3 non-profit, I am always looking for sports card donations to give out to local schools and organizations. I also recently began opening (stay at home order in Illinois is stalling some of that) a very small hobby shop that will be used as a local job training center for those with intellectual disabilities and special needs, we then donate 100% of all sales back to local classrooms. I'd be happy to talk to anyone before they threw cards away.
Back to the shipping cost comment...

About a year ago I throw away (6) 5000 count boxes in the dump. They were from the junk wax era. They were the commons and stuff I collected from when I was a kid. Mostly 80's and early 90's Fleer, Donruss, Score, and Upper Deck. Topps cards from late 90's to middle 2000's. Kept them for years because I didn't have the heart to "Throw Them away." One day I finally did it. I haven't missed them since.Big Grin
[Image: yankeebanner.jpg]

Put them in an amazon box and leave them on your porch ... someone will take them off your hands.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-22-2020, 08:25 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Put them in an amazon box and leave them on your porch ... someone will take them off your hands.
Haha, great idea!
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

(04-22-2020, 08:25 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Put them in an amazon box and leave them on your porch ... someone will take them off your hands.
Hahaha. But, I live in Minnesota. We are known for being nice so somebody else would knock on my door to tell me I have a package outside!

(04-23-2020, 07:21 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Hahaha. But, I live in Minnesota. We are known for being nice so somebody else would knock on my door to tell me I have a package outside!
Both of these comments made my day!!! Thanks..

Lmfao. Wonderful Idea only problem for me is that nobody wants to steal anything where i live lol.

(04-23-2020, 10:47 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Both of these comments made my day!!! Thanks..
Nice! I sent you a trade offer.

You guys are missing out by trashing them. There has been a huge surge in interest in the cards from the 80's and early 90's. I've sold and traded away thousands of them in the past year or so. Almost none of those deals were here b/c this site is so dead, but I've done a ton of stuff on the only other 2 trading sites I deal with and it's been awesome helping these collectors out. The younger collectors who weren't alive in the 1980's are really wanting to go backwards in time with their collections.
Plus, there are a bunch of variations from 1987-1991 that Beckett doesn't even recognize, but nit-pickers know about them now. Did you know there is a difference b/t the pack-pulled cards and the factory set cards for Donruss cards from 1987 to 1991? Did you know there are FOUR versions of the 1991 Topps base set and none of the ones I'm talking about are the Desert Storm set? There are also several parallels of the 1991 Upper Deck cards in all sports based on the hologram on the back (NOT Silver vs. Gold). Beckett doesn't list the majority of this stuff, even though there are a bunch of collectors chasing them down!

As for trashing cards, I'll only do it if they are bricked or very damaged post-1979 cards. Pre-1980 cards are the only ones I'll keep that have holes in them or large creases. If it has holes, creases or decent surface loss and it's 1980 to present: it goes in the trash. Minus the major rookie cards though! Somebody out there still wants those RC's until they can upgrade to a better one.
I mostly deal with baseball, football and NASCAR cards. But I have so much interest in my 80K card collection that I have to stop trading/selling for months at a time to keep from getting overwhelmed! I have barely bought any cards for quite a long time now. No ebay for over 2 years now and the last NEW hobby box I bought was 2018 Panini Victory Lane. The last new blaster boxes I got were 2019 Donruss Racing and 2019 Topps Chrome Update MLB and both were bought with gift cards right after they came out in retail stores.

I talk to collectors on 3 sites every single night about cards, the hobby and sports in general. I have more than enough to keep me busy and I don't even have accounts on ANY of the social media sites (like Facebook and Twitter) and I never post on selling sites (like COMC, Craig's List, kijiji, etc.). I just stick to my same 3 sites. While this site and the racing forum site are basically dead now, I still make deals on them from time to time. It helps that I am well-known and have connections to specific types of collectors. Whatever you may think is worthless to you means a lot to someone else!