`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over 3,000 cards to the garbage can!

RE: Over 3,000 cards to the garbage can!
I do not know what Goodwill did with them..but I called and they said they would take cards...so I gave them 21 Monster boxes of common (no RC) and they helped me unload them..3 on the boxes were 5000 ct and 18 were 3500 CT..so they took 78000 cards from 1994 - 2015...interesting..and it felt good to make room for more cards!!! HA HA..oh no..I am insane!!

(04-22-2020, 11:33 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I asked about Little League...was told the parents don't like adult strangers hanging around with goodies to give away. Stupid pedophiles ruin everything!

And, the coaches don't want to spend the time and energy deciding who gets what if I left the cards with them.
Hahaha yea you could run into problems that way. For me, I always dropped them off to the admin people of the league.
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

Some of those 90s cards may become desirable again when collectors go back to their monster boxes to check them out and find that they're all stuck together in bricks.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-22-2020, 01:20 PM)zeprock Wrote: Some of those 90s cards may become desirable again when collectors go back to their monster boxes to check them out and find that they're all stuck together in bricks.
True! Part of what I dumped is 1992 Upper Deck 4-6 card chunks that require surgery to separate.

Just wondering if more and more people continue to dump the wax junk era cards would that eventually lead to a supply shortage at some point. I know looking at D & A web site where there would have been numerous boxes of 84- 89 wax boxes there are now fewer and fewer of them. In some cases none at all. Even the prices of a 1986 wax box has started to go up in value. I haven't been brave enough yet to let go of my 3200 ct boxes of commons from 1983 to current. I'm leaving that up to my wife to do since I can't force myself to do it.
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

I had to seriously pare down my collection before moving last year. It took a lot of work, but I found a non-profit in Philly that took about six full monster boxes from me after four months or so of searching. I gave them everything valued under $1 or so.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

Maybe if we keep destroying base cards from the junk wax era they'll eventually become rare and a little more valuable. I do the same with commons, just don't have the space to store them.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

I pull RC logo, #'D parallels, Auto's and I have a couple PC guys in addition to any Yankees cards. Everything else in the trash. My guess is 80% or more of every box I buy gets trashed. Just don't have the space.

Can's Can - https://www.canscanbenton.org/ -

I am a 501c3 non-profit, I am always looking for sports card donations to give out to local schools and organizations. I also recently began opening (stay at home order in Illinois is stalling some of that) a very small hobby shop that will be used as a local job training center for those with intellectual disabilities and special needs, we then donate 100% of all sales back to local classrooms. I'd be happy to talk to anyone before they threw cards away.

I just threw away another box of 1991 Donruss. NO Elite inserts in that one. Shocking!! Tongue
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars