`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2020 Beckett Community Mock Draft

2020 Beckett Community Mock Draft
Here it is! Thanks to those who participated, hopefully you had fun! I know I did! I love all the guessing! Just 2 nights now until there's actually something real to do with sports on! Hopefully they don't turn it into a circus more than it already is, I want the picks and the fun analysis. Anyways...here's what we came up with! Sorry for any misspellings on the names. I didn't have time to look everything up.

They wouldn't let me post it here, something to do with invalid characters, so I added it as an attachment. Inconvenient, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Enjoy!

Attached Files
.docx   Beckett Forum Mock draft 2020.docx (Size: 16.73 KB / Downloads: 13)

RE: 2020 Beckett Community Mock Draft
Oh, its definitely going to be a circus - especially since it seems that ESPN is going to be handling the coverage (I always watch the NFL Network broadcast rather than ESPN)

It will remain to see how much of a disaster the online draft turns out to be.

This past Fall I watched less college football than ever before, so I am completely lost about who are 'the guys' to watch. But, maybe it will be something to do anyway.

Cool we will see how we do...tomorrow right?
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

(04-22-2020, 10:09 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Oh, its definitely going to be a circus - especially since it seems that ESPN is going to be handling the coverage (I always watch the NFL Network broadcast rather than ESPN)

It will remain to see how much of a disaster the online draft turns out to be.
For real? crap. Last thing I want to do is listen to that blowhard Kiper talk about the draft. Charles Davis isn't bad, Daniel Jeremiah is ok, but Mayock was the only one worth listening to.
(04-22-2020, 05:51 PM)Jquinn83 Wrote: Cool we will see how we do...tomorrow right?
Tonight it is! 7 central I think.

I would say the Packers pick shows that the NFL is a team sport!

The broadcast wasn't great - took way too long to get started (the first pick wasn't until almost 8:30).

The draft was definitely interesting - Oakland took Ruggs, as I expected, but at 12 rather than 19.

The most puzzling pick to me in that it makes zero sense given the state of their roster and is most likely to blow up badly for the team, but predictable given that Jerry Jones is easily distracted by shiny things, pick to me was Dallas taking a wide receiver. I am not sure why the professional analysts love that pick - but then its clear that they valued Lamb much higher than actual NFL teams did. Or maybe the professional analysts are hoping that Jerry Jones fondness for shiny things and pointless yards will lead him to dump Dak Prescott and sign Jameis Winston because they want to see sheer chaos on and off the field.

Wow, after the first 3 picks that was an interesting night!

Not a bad draft guys! The community got 1.2.3. 5. 6. right. Not too shabby! Several teams went for the postitions we chose, but not the names. You guys were right about the Dolphins picking Tua. I really thought that the dolphins fielded a better class by picking an OT first, but they still filled several needs with their picks.

Not super excited to see the Packers pick Love when there were so many WRs and a top LB on the board. But I wasn't a fan when they picked Rodgers either, so what do I know? I'm hoping we trade up for Mims or Baun tonight.

I hope you guys had fun with the mock draft! What are your thoughts on your team's first round picks?

(04-24-2020, 10:23 AM)savagenate Wrote: What are your thoughts on your team's first round picks?
Love having Khalil Mack on the team still Smile. Not sure if I liked it as much as the Packers 1st round.

As a Vikings fan I cannot help but smile that the Packers head guys showed Aaron Rodgers who is really in charge of this team. I mean, NFL Network was like "Aaron asked for guys to throw to and instead they got a future QB. What were they thinking"?

Well, they were thinking about the team and not one guy like Aaron does.

As far as the Vikes top 2 picks, I guessed it would be Jefferson but disappointed they did not take Winfield Jr. I loved watching that guy play for the Gophers, and his last minute play in two 2019 games won it for them.