`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions

RE: Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions
(04-21-2020, 11:03 PM)djohn Wrote: I just noticed the same thing. I had several redemptions I had been waiting on, including some nice ones for my PC. I am going to be pissed if they simply convert to points, especially since I had a friend that had a Stan Lee autograph redemption and Panini eventually said they would replace it with points and only gave 1500 points for it, which is ridiculous for a card that sells for several hundred dollars.
I have a bad feeling they're just going to say to hell with all of the old redemptions in the system and convert them all to points ... then charge everyone $13 to ship 5 cards like they did to me on my last points redemption.

I think I may be done with Panini for a while, I need a break and can't really support this.

I've never pulled a Panini redemption card. But I have pulled one of their garbage Rewards cards. I'll never actually redeem the points b/c they wanted $6 to ship a single card that had a BV of $6!!! I can safely ship them a tracked $100 card for less than $3, so why can't they send me ANY card for less than $6?! That's just stupid and Panini can kiss my...
Their Rewards program sucks, the Panini Instant program also sucks and they STILL can't make a correct Checklist on their website to save their lives. If collectors had a choice in the company they could buy their NFL, NBA, NASCAR, NCAA (and so on) cards from, Panini would be long gone by now. Topps would be gone too, honestly. No competition equals garbage product. Beckett is in that list too, and has been for longer than Panini.

Agreed. I paid $13 shipping for five cards in a bubble mailer via FedEx the last time I redeemed any points, and said never again.

Also, never got a response from Panini concerning my problem or explanation of what is going on. Guess the stay at home order means no one can talk to $$ paying customers.

Exactly what an underdog card company who doesn't even have the license to print logos on their cards needs to do...alienate people who purchased its inferior product.

Buy bye Panini, we can't miss you until you're gone...and I won't miss you then.

It really is surprising that they are giving customers this treatment when they are the 2nd banana in this hobby. Are they hoping for Leaf or Ultra to rise from the grave so they can brag about being #2?

(04-28-2020, 10:32 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: It really is surprising that they are giving customers this treatment when they are the 2nd banana in this hobby. Are they hoping for Leaf or Ultra to rise from the grave so they can brag about being #2?
Not really too surprising. They are the top dog in basketball and perhaps they are just taking a page out of the Topps playbook: when you are the only game in town, you can treat your customers however you want because you know they will still fork over their money.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Leaf actually does exist now, but it's not the original product. I pretty much hate all of their unlicensed crap. Panini's baseball cards are much better. Ultra is a product of Upper Deck now. UD is doing hockey and a ton of entertainment cards now. I really wish they would get back into baseball, football and racing cards. I always liked UD products.

The only reason I bought old boxes of Panini was knowing they honored their old redemptions.
The only reason I stopped buying new Panini was knowing they had those awful point cards.
I will probably never buy any Panini baseball for those reasons. I will be damned to fork over money on a product that may cost me even more money to get what I paid for in the first place. Insanity and probably illegality, too. I wish I had a family member who was an attorney. I smell a class action lawsuit.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Why is no one mentioning that Topps is JUST as BAD with their redemption program? Some people are still waiting for redemption cards from many, many years ago. Topps isn't being mentioned just because they haven't said that they won't redeem expired cards yet. Panini AND Topps are both producing garbage and they still expect us to buy that crap. Neither of them is getting my money these days. And neither of them will for a long time! I'm actually doing better by selling my cards in forums than I am by purchasing new stuff. The new stuff sucks!