`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Clogged Toilet Delivers An Easter Miracle!

A Clogged Toilet Delivers An Easter Miracle!
Friends,

So on Thursday night I grabbed three blasters of Prizm Draft football ... pulled some good stuff but not the main guy I was looking for, Chase Young.

Went back to the same Walmart Friday morning and the retail sharks had cleared them out.

I figured since the sharks usually clear out every store within a 10-mile radius that was probably my only shot and that I would just have to trade for or buy a Young card later.

Flash forward to Sunday morning ... the in-laws called to say their toilet was clogged up and could I come over?

Sure! There happened to be a different Walmart along the way, and since it was early Easter Sunday there was no line to get in the store.

I thought, what the heck, I'll see if they got a shipment in that maybe the sharks hadn't gotten to yet.

Lo and behold ... about seven blasters and a few jumbos were on the shelf!

I grabbed two, headed out to the car to bust them ... first pack, first box ... pulled a Chase Young silver prizm and base card back to back!

I couldn't believe it! For good measure I pulled a Joe Burrow purple prizm a couple of packs later.

The other box was mostly a dud of duplicates from one of my boxes in my first break, but I did pull a Justin Herbert silver prizm.

My autos were Tyler Huntley (Utah QB) and Davon Hamilton (Ohio State DL) - swore it was Chase Young at first!

Considering the fact that I didn't plan on seeing this product again and definitely didn't plan to go looking on Easter Sunday, I'd call this a miracle.

Never so glad to deal with a clogged toilet in my whole life!

RE: A Clogged Toilet Delivers An Easter Miracle!
I had a bit of an Eastern miracle myself - looking through a 800 count box of cards, I found some forgotten 2017 Prizm - highlighted by a Patrick Mahomes rookie!

RE: A Clogged Toilet Delivers An Easter Miracle!
(04-13-2020, 01:07 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I had a bit of an Eastern miracle myself - looking through a 800 count box of cards, I found some forgotten 2017 Prizm - highlighted by a Patrick Mahomes rookie!
That's awesome, I love when that happens. That's a sweet card.

My most recent find that like that was an Aristides Aquino Status parallel/100 from 2015 Elite Extra Edition baseball that I had in a box out in my shed.

I had the base and the inserts in two different card cubes ... I looked through the base and didn't find an Aquino, then about a month later I found the insert ... I was like, I knew I had one!