`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: If you're in self quarantine . . .

OT: If you're in self quarantine . . .
Off topic, but if you're in self quarantine today, I'd like to invite you to listen to my radio show on Stephen King's Rock & Roll Station broadcasting live worldwide across the webstream.

Go to
http://wkitfm.com

and click on the "Listen Live" icon near the top of the page. I'm on all day. It's the Fred Zeppelin Rock & Roll Show on 100.3 FM WKIT. 10am - 6pm EST. Now you know where "Zeprock" comes from.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: OT: If you're in self quarantine . . .
(03-22-2020, 08:44 AM)zeprock Wrote: Off topic, but if you're in self quarantine today, I'd like to invite you to listen to my radio show on Stephen King's Rock & Roll Station broadcasting live worldwide across the webstream.

Go to
http://wkitfm.com

and click on the "Listen Live" icon near the top of the page. I'm on all day. It's the Fred Zeppelin Rock & Roll Show on 100.3 FM WKIT. 10am - 6pm EST. Now you know where "Zeprock" comes from.
Not quarantined, but I still needed some great rock music. Thanks Mark!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice! Its got the word Zeppelin in it, so it has to be good!

Because I am on all day every Sunday, here's another shameless plug for my radio show. If you like rock & roll, you can stream us through the link in my original post. You can listen live in the background while you do other things on your computer plus you get to hear my voice.

You can even make requests and suggestions, either here, on our facebook page or by calling our request line toll-free 1-800-287-1003.

Stay safe and Rock on!!!
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

(03-29-2020, 08:26 AM)zeprock Wrote: Because I am on all day every Sunday, here's another shameless plug for my radio show. If you like rock & roll, you can steam us through the link in my original post.
Steaming did not work so well and almost ruined my computer, but that new-fangled streaming-thing works just fine! Smile
Nice to hear you again!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-29-2020, 11:09 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Steaming did not work so well and almost ruined my computer, but that new-fangled streaming-thing works just fine! Smile
Nice to hear you again!
LOL. Steaming is NOT recommended.

Nice, glad to hear you playing Greta Van Fleet ... wondering your thoughts about them. so many thinking they are a Zep-lite cover band. I hear similarity and influence, but i think they are original and great! If you are gonna have an influential group, nothing wrong with the Zep as your muse.
That was a nice afternoon of good music while organizing my comics and cards. Thanks, Mark!

(03-29-2020, 05:05 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Nice, glad to hear you playing Greta Van Fleet ... wondering your thoughts about them. so many thinking they are a Zep-lite cover band. I hear similarity and influence, but i think they are original and great! If you are gonna have an influential group, nothing wrong with the Zep as your muse.
That was a nice afternoon of good music while organizing my comics and cards. Thanks, Mark!
I like them a lot Doc. They're writing their own songs and I DO think they sound like Zep but that's a good thing. I don't know how long they can sustain their sound but I hope they have a lengthy career. Probably my favorite "new" band.

Thanks for listening. I get calls from all over the US and sometimes other countries. One from Quebec today. A lot of people listen because it's Stephen King's station but he lets us run it and we are the number one rock station in Eastern Maine. For me, it's a job that I've been doing since 1981 and still enjoy.

(03-29-2020, 05:05 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Nice, glad to hear you playing Greta Van Fleet ... wondering your thoughts about them. so many thinking they are a Zep-lite cover band. I hear similarity and influence, but i think they are original and great! If you are gonna have an influential group, nothing wrong with the Zep as your muse.
I like this band - I enjoyed their Saturday Night Live performance a little while back.

(03-29-2020, 06:21 PM)zeprock Wrote: I like them a lot Doc. They're writing their own songs and I DO think they sound like Zep but that's a good thing. I don't know how long they can sustain their sound but I hope they have a lengthy career. Probably my favorite "new" band.
(03-29-2020, 08:36 PM)garrisc Wrote: I like this band - I enjoyed their Saturday Night Live performance a little while back.

I got to see them last year in Miami at a small outdoor arena and they put on a kick arse show!