`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus impacting collecting?

Virus impacting collecting?
Just curious as to what you guys may think. I haven't bought anything the last 2 months as I've had medical expenses that hasn't left me any fun money. Being immunocompromised, I'm one of those considered to be at higher risk. On the plus side, I have the O blood type, which rumor has it is less hospitable to the virus, and am on several natural antivirals already.

That being said, has the virus impacted your collecting in the sense of, have you stopped buying/trading in case that person has it? I'm not one of the ones believing this is the end of the world, etc., but it does give me pause. Just curious if anyone else has had the same worries.

RE: Virus impacting collecting?
I'm definitely paused. Anything I do get in I don't touch for 3-4 days. I've read conflicting reports on whether the virus can even survive in packages/mail but I figure it's not hurting me to be extra cautious if it winds up being bunk.

I still got a little something I picked up for you but it's gonna be a while before I get it shipped out unfortunately.

Funnily enough, my eBay store is KILLING it right now. People with ample free time are shopping I guess. Sales up well over 100% to last year. I've already slowed down my PC purchasing in the last six months. Only thing I really pick up is when I buy a collection that happens to have a PC card in it. So it hasn't affected me adversely as of yet. Haven't noticed much slow down of buying/selling on twitter or facebook either. If anything it has increased trading, which is great!
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(03-23-2020, 09:48 AM)jplarson Wrote: I'm definitely paused. Anything I do get in I don't touch for 3-4 days. I've read conflicting reports on whether the virus can even survive in packages/mail but I figure it's not hurting me to be extra cautious if it winds up being bunk.

I still got a little something I picked up for you but it's gonna be a while before I get it shipped out unfortunately.
Yeah, that's what worries me too. I've heard its only on metal surfaces that it lasts longer than a few minutes, but I'm still kinda worried about it. I've been trying not to worry about things, even though I'm at a higher risk, but my family is still working for the moment (I think nonessential businesses are about to be closed in MN though), so is it really adding any risk when they are coming home from school? Lol, but like you, I'm opting for the better safe than sorry approach. It helps I haven't had money to spend anyways lol.
(03-23-2020, 11:35 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: Funnily enough, my eBay store is KILLING it right now. People with ample free time are shopping I guess. Sales up well over 100% to last year. I've already slowed down my PC purchasing in the last six months. Only thing I really pick up is when I buy a collection that happens to have a PC card in it. So it hasn't affected me adversely as of yet. Haven't noticed much slow down of buying/selling on twitter or facebook either. If anything it has increased trading, which is great!
Interesting! I realize a ton of people have a ton of time on their hands now lol, but I would think things would be slow as everyone has to budget for who knows how long, as we don't know when the layoffs will stop. But in the meantime, congrats on the business!

It will definitely slow down my buying due to not traveling as much - although there is a LCS walking distance from my home -but I am not going to retail stores as much to avoid contact so that means less opportunity to purchase cards - and many of my individual cards I get during trips at some card shops I like to stop at while traveling - but with limited travel that will not happen nearly as much.

I have a few things on my watch list, but I really haven't been buying. I've only sold one thing on my store on a cosigner site (not sure if I can actually identify the site since Beckett had a falling out with them).
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

No local card show, got cancelled. I'm not afraid of the bogeyman, so I go to Target or Walmart.
**Looking for certified autos of these 86 Mets: Ojeda, Aguilera, Elster, K. Mitchell, Heep, Sisk, Leach, Niemann, Hearn, Myers, Sid Fernandez and Davey Johnson MGR **  https://www.flickr.com/photos/164322911@N05/albums

(03-23-2020, 11:35 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: Funnily enough, my eBay store is KILLING it right now. People with ample free time are shopping I guess.
Total in the same boat. For me, sales have been up for Feb and March. Glad there is a lockdown so people are forced to spend more time on eBay LOL

--

Stay safe savagenate!

--

jp - didn't even consider that...maybe I should also let it "air" out before opening

--

Buying as usual for me although I don't "need them all" anymore.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Not changing my collecting. Couple of recent trades. Bought some Aggies from foleylion08. Building up a cart on COMC right now (though it will take longer on the delivery).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Being home more has allowed me to sort and look through boxes stashed away that I never got fully sorted while working 50 hrs a week. It has made think of retirement and playing with cards more. I have found 3 boxes that had Jeter inserts which I used have at shows, forgot about two of those. Now have 400 Jeter inserts and parallels to look through. I found some 1955 Topps all american and might start working on that set. Everyone be safe !
Photobucket