`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus impacting collecting?

RE: Virus impacting collecting?
I'm barely going out of my house at all, so yeah it is definitely impacting how much I spend on cards.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Literally had my highest sales month on eBay in a year. So strange, but it has to be related to the virus.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

I haven't messed with my collection since last year so it has brought me back. I just verified my entire collection last week, adding cards I had forgotten to and removing cards I couldn't put my hands on.

I started looking at what was coming out this month; Contender Draft Picks for almost $200 for a hobby box???!?!?!?! This has and always will be a !#$% product that no one wants. Dropping $200 for a CHANCE to get a sticker auto of a guy that will never see training camp?! Later this month Score at $150 a box??!! Its Score for God's sake! I'm done with Panini, they will no longer get my money, I'm shifting my collecting over to chasing Die-cut and Acetate sets from previous years.
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

(04-07-2020, 02:18 AM)Jquinn83 Wrote: I haven't messed with my collection since last year so it has brought me back. I just verified my entire collection last week, adding cards I had forgotten to and removing cards I couldn't put my hands on.

I started looking at what was coming out this month; Contender Draft Picks for almost $200 for a hobby box???!?!?!?! This has and always will be a !#$% product that no one wants. Dropping $200 for a CHANCE to get a sticker auto of a guy that will never see training camp?! Later this month Score at $150 a box??!! Its Score for God's sake! I'm done with Panini, they will no longer get my money, I'm shifting my collecting over to chasing Die-cut and Acetate sets from previous years.
Yeah, I hear you. It's getting crazier by the day! That's why I stick to single cards.

It has been slower but have not stopped. Been able to make some eBay purchases and have been able to do some trading as well. Miss the shops I have been going to for tradenight but just means I will have
More stuff when I go. I was able to update my Flickr though which I had not done in forever while working from home so that is nice. I will be adding more folders for stuff I was not scanning but with time on my hands it seems like something I should do
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(04-07-2020, 02:18 AM)Jquinn83 Wrote: I haven't messed with my collection since last year so it has brought me back. I just verified my entire collection last week, adding cards I had forgotten to and removing cards I couldn't put my hands on.

In fairness, Score has been the product I have gotten on average the best rookie autographs the past few years - but $150 is too high for what it is

But Contenders Draft Picks is not worth close to $200 - indeed, regular Contenders lately isn't worth close to that

I'm scratching my head how some cards on my watch list are still hitting staggering numbers.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I have been more actively buying from the bay. Picked up an Amari 2015 ud inscription #d to 49 beckett hi $100+ for $25 shipped. Earl Campbell gridiron king auto beckett hi $50+ for 22.00 and some Bret the hitman Hart auto for $14 shipped. pretty stoked about deals I have gotten. Be safe everyone!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

It's getting harder and harder to pop in to the retail stores now that there are sometimes people lined up to get in and out.

I really wanted some football draft stuff and did pretty with Prizm Draft so I'm probably going to cool it for a while.

I would like to pick up a blaster of Leaf Draft to see if I can get some of the guys I didn't pull in Prizm, but I haven't seen any.

I think some of the stores are choosing not to re-stock non-essential stuff (or maybe the contractor refuses to enter the building ... can't blame them).

I know the Target about two miles from my house hasn't stocked anything in about a month, so maybe they are just sitting on a truck or in the back of the store somewhere.

I have been staggering my trips to when I actually need other stuff so that has had an effect as well.