IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else having problems

Is anyone else having problems
I keep getting invalid character messages
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Is anyone else having problems
I have not had that problem..where are the messages? OPG?? ORG??

(03-21-2020, 05:27 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have not had that problem..where are the messages? OPG?? ORG??
On the forum. Seems every time I use quotation marks or apostrophes it gives that invalid character message. Must be a corona computer virus
Beckett has taken away my conjunction ability and I am no longer able to post famous quotations but I think I can still exclaim as much as I want !!!!!!!!!!! Yay me !
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That happens to me about every time I try to post from my phone so I have always assumed it's the mobile site.

I've run into that from time to time. What I have done to figure out why was preview my posts in segments and add a bit more each time until I find out what character is the culprit.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I get it all the time reason I can not post as much as I like to

It took me 3 times just to post the first line. Errr frustrating
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

It's part of the filters put in place when we had the massive spam attacks. Remember 100's of posts hours at a time. I would spend hours deleting posts and accounts, it was ridiculous.

Sometimes you will see a post and it is nothing but dgshssjsakaa or similiar, that's the filters working.

That was a time I do not want to have to deal with again.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(03-22-2020, 07:26 AM)floydtown Wrote: It's part of the filters put in place when we had the massive spam attacks. Remember 100's of posts hours at a time. I would spend hours deleting posts and accounts, it was ridiculous.

Sometimes you will see a post and it is nothing but dgshssjsakaa or similiar, that's the filters working.

That was a time I do not want to have to deal with again.
But this filter is preventing me from using proper punctuation. Apostrophes and quotation marks should not alone trigger the filter. And this never happened to me in the past 9 years. I guess I can work around it, but I dont want to appear stupider than I need to be. See, I cannot type dont properly and it invalidated Charactered me until I removed the 2 apostrophes.
I remember the spam debacle and that was stressful, but this is years later and unrelated, IMO. Apostrophes and quotations ! WHY?

It is time for the scourge of contractions to end. The beauty of formal language cannot be understated. Indeed, why use one word when two will do?!

I won't type "don't" unless I can't and haven't got any "other choice".

Sorry Doc. Maybe it's just picking on "you" as I can type "apostrophes" and "quotation marks" all day long.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html