Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craziest year of free agency ever?

Craziest year of free agency ever?
Seriously though, right?

Five quarterbacks who lead their franchise in all-time passing will be on new teams or retired (would've likely been six had Dalton not gotten benched last year).

Rams cut Gurley, Broncos cut Flacco, Patriots letting everyone walk.

Mind boggling trades happening.

The NFL landscape is shifting quickly.

I cannot remember a free agency period with this many far-reaching effects.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

RE: Craziest year of free agency ever?
I think you are right! I think maybe the only one I can remember that came close was when Manning was let go by the Colts...and that was because of one guy lol. Rivers and Brady switching teams almost feels like the Twilight Zone...add in the insane Hopkins trade, Gurley's dead money, etc, what a year so far!

Throw in Diggs to the Vikings and and Gurley to the Falcons.

(03-20-2020, 10:21 AM)jplarson Wrote: Throw in Diggs to the Vikings and and Gurley to the Falcons.
Diggs to the Bills lol

Y'all didn't even mention the whirlwind happening in Charlotte. Two players retired, about a dozen released so far, one OL for OL trade, over half a dozen FA signings, one player requested to be released and only about 5 players were re-signed or extended.
Still waiting to see what happens with Cam. They would be stupid to release him just to clear up some money. If they can't trade him, they'd be better off to keep him for his final year and get their money worth. To get absolutely nothing for a player that will be a star on his next team is just dumb. I know they got Teddy, but they signed him for 3 years. For what they are paying him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind being Cam's backup for one year knowing he'll be the starter for the following 2 years.
With all the big moves happening in the NFC South lately, it's certainly going to be a division to watch this season.

(03-20-2020, 10:22 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Y'all didn't even mention the whirlwind happening in Charlotte. Two players retired, about a dozen released so far, one OL for OL trade, over half a dozen FA signings, one player requested to be released and only about 5 players were re-signed or extended.
Still waiting to see what happens with Cam. They would be stupid to release him just to clear up some money. If they can't trade him, they'd be better off to keep him for his final year and get their money worth. To get absolutely nothing for a player that will be a star on his next team is just dumb. I know they got Teddy, but they signed him for 3 years. For what they are paying him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind being Cam's backup for one year knowing he'll be the starter for the following 2 years.
With all the big moves happening in the NFC South lately, it's certainly going to be a division to watch this season.
The NFC as a whole is going to be loaded this year. There are a couple good teams in the AFC, but it seem like the NFC has a lot more talent.

The division games among the NFC South are going to be must see TV. I cannot wait.