`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just curious

Just curious
Has trading on here slowed down because of the coronavirus?

RE: Just curious
I just noticed some cards have moved like Acuna and Tatis but its been silencio for quite a while especially Hockey.

So, paper is a strong carrier of germs. Think about how many places money has been and how dirty your hands can get when handling it. Cards may be more controlled and less locations, but they are still paper.

Having said that, I think the biggest reason for the slowdown in trading activity is the distraction of all that is going on and how priorities are changing.

Side note: Lack of Beckett customer service with the result of customers leaving is another reason.

I think trading has slowed down because of unknowns about the postal service at this time. I have 3 active trades ongoing and receipt of cards on both ends is really quite slow. It had never been slow in the past in my experience and the trades I have going are with 3 reliable people Ive traded with in the past, so I think COVID-19 has something to do with it. I did receive one of my packages today so Im hoping for the other 2 tomorrow!

I don't know about anyone else, but I've had more trades since the COVID-19 outbreak than all of 2019.
That number is one, btw. Smile yeah, I don't trade very often.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-18-2020, 09:27 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I don't know about anyone else, but I've had more trades since the COVID-19 outbreak than all of 2019.
That number is one, btw. Smile yeah, I don't trade very often.
I, for one, am very appreciative when you do trade, Doc!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Does anyone know or think that Panini or Topps might delay releasing products as result of the Coronavirus. I know Bowman and Diamond Kings are suppose to release at the end of April

(03-18-2020, 10:06 PM)aprirr Wrote: I, for one, am very appreciative when you do trade, Doc!
Likewise, my friend!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have made 6 trades in a week. Having an extra time to check organizes. I should get a case of inception today and add a few more items for trade. With the extra time I have organize the card room and adding a few more to the trade organize.