Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Finally found a Trout tin!

Finally found a Trout tin!
Friends,

I've been on the lookout for a Mike Trout 2020 Topps Series 1 tin ... finally found one at Target the other day.

The cards were so-so, nothing really interesting, but I was glad to finally find the tin itself.

RE: Finally found a Trout tin!
(03-16-2020, 12:38 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Friends,

I've been on the lookout for a Mike Trout 2020 Topps Series 1 tin ... finally found one at Target the other day.

The cards were so-so, nothing really interesting, but I was glad to finally find the tin itself.
Can you please post a pic so I can see what I'm looking for and if it's worthwhile?
Thanks!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Ask and ye shall receive, Doc ...

[Image: TroutTin.jpg]

They are $14.99 and have 75 cards (I think).

There are five regular Turkey Red cards, 1 Turkey Red Chrome, 1 Chrome Decade's Best card and then a 1985 insert (I would assume if you pulled a mem, auto or SP card it would replace this one).

One note ... these tins are small, much more so than the Upper Deck hockey tins.

Even if you took the plastic piece out you wouldn't be able to store more than one stack of cards.

Basically they have 15 more cards than an average blister/hanger box and cost $5 more, so you're basically paying $2 extra for the tin.

(03-17-2020, 10:00 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Ask and ye shall receive, Doc ...
They are $14.99 and have 75 cards (I think).

There are five regular Turkey Red cards, 1 Turkey Red Chrome, 1 Chrome Decade's Best card and then a 1985 insert (I would assume if you pulled a mem, auto or SP card it would replace this one).
One note ... these tins are small, much more so than the Upper Deck hockey tins.
Even if you took the plastic piece out you wouldn't be able to store more than one stack of cards.
Basically they have 15 more cards than an average blister/hanger box and cost $5 more, so you're basically paying $2 extra for the tin.
Thanks, buddy!
I've yet to see any of these. The tin is certainly nice. I hope to find a Trout one day soon. I wonder if there is an Aaron Judge tin as well?

BTW: I picked up a mega-opening day box yesterday... nada! You and Mark must have used up all the good retail pulls out there Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-18-2020, 09:19 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks, buddy!
I've yet to see any of these. The tin is certainly nice. I hope to find a Trout one day soon. I wonder if there is an Aaron Judge tin as well?

BTW: I picked up a mega-opening day box yesterday... nada! You and Mark must have used up all the good retail pulls out there Smile
Judge is one of the tin options, correct.

Try the OD blasters instead of the mega boxes, my two hits came in four of those!