`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Opening Day pack

2020 Opening Day pack
On my way in to work my on-air shift at the radio station this morning, I stopped by WalMart to pick up some more pages for my binders and noticed they had 2020 Opening Day in. I bought my usual one pack and headed off to work. I just opened it and added the cards to my ORG and noticed that the one card in the pack that was backward is a SP #201 of Luis Robert. I don't know much about him yet but time will tell if this was a good "one pack pull".
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: 2020 Opening Day pack
Great pull! He defected from Cuba a few years ago and is one of the top prospects in the game. He was having a great spring up until it was cancelled.
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

Its my understanding that the Robert RC is the key card to get in Opening Day. Congrats! I think that one will have some significant value. Id be interested if you want to trade it even though I hate the White Sox! :-)

PM sent, thank you!

That is indeed a tough pull ... according to Cardboard Connection, they are seeded 1:360 packs!

That is considered to be his XRC I believe. I have heard from Beckett that it takes 10 boxes to pull 1 Luis Robert SP! I watched a case break of 20 boxes and they got exactly 2. In other words Congrats!!!

(03-16-2020, 02:58 PM)magneto2 Wrote: That is considered to be his XRC I believe. I have heard from Beckett that it takes 10 boxes to pull 1 Luis Robert SP! I watched a case break of 20 boxes and they got exactly 2. In other words Congrats!!!
I'm pretty sure it will just be considered a SSP, like Acuna and Torres in 2018 Topps Series 2 or Vlad Jr. in 2019 Topps Series 2.

Otherwise, they are opening a serious can of worms by monkeying around with this RC logo thing (again).