`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Panthers should
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Draft an o-lineman
20.00%
1 20.00%
Draft Herbert
20.00%
1 20.00%
Draft DT
0%
0 0%
Trade down
20.00%
1 20.00%
Draft WR Jeudy/Lamb
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At pick #7, the Panthers should...

At pick #7, the Panthers should...
This is a tough one for me. They really could go in so many directions! They need a MLB, OT, QB, TE, CB, DT, DE, WR. If it were me, I would probably try solving some pieces in FA, and draft the best player available. But if Herbert, Eason or Love is here, I think they would find it hard to pass up those guys. Give them a year, or at least until Newton gets hurt again, to get things settled for their young guy. If they aren't all in on any of the guys here, they could trade down with another team that wants one of the remaining QBs. I don't know what to put here lol. Here are some options I guess...it'll be tough for me to pick one!

1)Draft an OT
2)Draft Herbert
3)Draft Lamb/Jeudy
4)Draft DT

RE: At pick #7, the Panthers should...
I picked trade down - you can get a high rated WR later and get an extra pick trading with a QB needy team.

(03-02-2020, 08:53 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I picked trade down - you can get a high rated WR later and get an extra pick trading with a QB needy team.
This was kind of along my thinking...maybe trade down and end up selecting Hurts to sit behind Newton for a year? He has some of the same skill set.

They'll either go with OL, DL or secondary. Trading away Trai Turner didn't help the OL but should solidify the LT spot for a few years. But they traded away the best OG. So now they need to replace him.
They also let Bradberry walk away and desperately need to replace him at CB. They did re-sign Tre Boston, but he's not Bradberry. They also need a safety to replace Mike Adams, who also retired. They do need another LB, but I think Shaq Thompson will step into Kuechly's spot just fine.
The WR's are really good players. I'm sure they won't go that route with their 1st pick. They are historically horrible with picking WR's in the 1st round. The 2 TE's are good also. They aren't Olsen, but used together, it can seem like it. One is a great blocker and one is a great route runner. So I don't think they pick a TE either.

I really think they'll pick the best defensive player available, regardless of position. But if the best OL's are still there, that's who they'll take.

QB is not a need anymore. They will sign Bridgewater to a 3-year deal tomorrow. I can't wait to see what they get from trading Cam. That should fill a hole in the roster somewhere and probably get them another draft pick (probably not a 1st Rd. pick).

I'm happy for Teddy! Great opportunity for him! Totally nulls my vote lol. I respect Cam's physical play, I wish more QBs played more like him. And giving kids the balls after TD was awesome! I didn't care for his attitude. Teddy is the complete opposite in attitude. It'll be interesting to see how he leads that team.

As for draft spots, I agree, the best defensive guy available (might be Isaah Simmons or DT Brown) would be the way to go. They should be able to land a good guard, or even two, in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

As for Cam, they might have to end up cutting him. With the medical restrictions due to the virus, it'd take a huge leap of faith for a team to give up anything significant for him. I saw a report Redskins were talking to the Panthers, but I would guess they won't get a 3rd rd pick even.

The Panthers signed a WR, an OG and a DT today. Looks like they will go CB or S in the 1st round, if there are any really good ones that can start immediately.
I agree that they might have to release Cam. The Redskins would make perfect sense for a trade. They'd probably just get a couple of late-rd. picks for him though.

(03-18-2020, 09:09 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: The Panthers signed a WR, an OG and a DT today. Looks like they will go CB or S in the 1st round, if there are any really good ones that can start immediately.
I agree that they might have to release Cam. The Redskins would make perfect sense for a trade. They'd probably just get a couple of late-rd. picks for him though.
Who'd they sign? I didn't see any news about them.

I can't remember the names with so many moves going on lately. They also signed a WR/KR from the Rams and a safety today.

Edit: Besides Okung and Bridgewater, here's the list of recent acquisitions:

Safety- Juston Burris
WR/KR - Pharoh Cooper
OG - Jon Miller
WR - Seth Roberts
TE - Seth DeValve
DE - Stephen Weatherly (I mis-typed him as a DT before)

Some good depth pieces there!

With the moves the Panthers made over this past week, I would rescind my vote that they go OL. My original choice was not in the voting list. I WILL go with what I said before that they pick a CB to replace Bradberry. I don't think they'll have an OL left to pick that is better than the best CB in the draft.