`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wanna punch a Beckett Writer in the mouth!! Just Kidding...

I wanna punch a Beckett Writer in the mouth!! Just Kidding...
I am SO irritated right now!!! Just logged on to find the "cheap wax Wednesday" pick for the week was 91 Topps. You may have seen my post in "Trading" page of forum where I asked for help finding any/all 91 Topps cards with a darker stamp on back then normal (wasn't really looking for the "glow" backs or expensive errors but I'd prob. take em too). I'm building a set of the kind I mentioned and have been since early 2017. It's taking FOREVER, hence my post for help. Well, they picked 91 Topps for that article and described a couple "big money" errors/varations (big $$ for junk wax years anyway) and now EVERYONE is gonna think these darker stamped cards are worth some sort of premium and the "vultures" are gonna mark up the trade values and selling prices hundreds of % points (like they did w/ the 2020 tins, every year's Walmart holiday etc) and I'm NEVER gonna complete my set. Shoot, I picked it cuz it was junk wax and while it's labor intensive, it still ain't worth much and therefore was something I could ACTUALLY AFFORD pursuing you know? So, to that writer, Grrrrrr, I'm comin' for you buddy!!!! LOL LOL LOL! Don't call the Feds on me man I'm SO totally joking around. But seriously, it does suck a little (sigh) back to the drawing board for an AFFORDABLE, fun, card "mission"....
"The Rose goes in the front big guy..."

RE: I wanna punch a Beckett Writer in the mouth!! Just Kidding...
I think you are probably safe. You might see a small temporary bump but I doubt anything to amount to a craze

Yeah, 1991 Topps boxes/packs aren't going to skyrocket anytime soon!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Good luck with your quest
I have 127 Nolan Ryan in that set and still have not got the bold print back
I have the glow borders about 5 of them and that is it
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

It was funny. I read that article like an hour after reading your post. I laughed at the coincidence. All this talk is making me want to pull out my 91 Topps and look through them. lol
[Image: H8Ura.png]
SIGNATURE IMAGE CREATED BY
jbel4331 [ http://www.beckett.com/forums/user-153852.html ]

Wait.

Beckett has WRITERS??

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

LOL, you guys kill me! And I hope you guys that said it won't really matter are right, it's hard enough already. To take on an easier project to decompress maybe I'll take on the T-209 Tobbaco card set or something...1
"The Rose goes in the front big guy..."

This has been known for a while. I doubt there will be much impact other than a handful more people trying to sell their glow-back versions on eBay as glow-backs now, whereas they might not have known before. I think the bigger potential for spikes is the variations with cards that have the images over/under the borders. They have also been known for a while, but maybe this will cause more people to look and list, which might actually bring the value down as supply increases.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/