`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pricing Procrastination Problem

RE: Pricing Procrastination Problem
Another 48 hours gone by and no pricing completed on anything. Is this thing on?!

Tomorrow (Saturday) is the last day of February and the last post by Fleischer on Beckett about product being priced was Feb. 6th!

Is it finally time to cancel my subscription? I don't know what to do. Sucks.

Another story: A guy goes into an auto dealership to buy the newest Mercedes model sedan, but the dealership does not have the color he wants. So, he orders one and waits for it to arrive. Seven months later his prized new Mercedes shows up, the salesman gives him a call, and the customer says he wants a discount because of the extremely long wait. The dealership refuses, they go to court, and two years later the judge awards him a 10% discount on that vehicle.

Guess what?! The car is now 3 years old and he does not want it, but the court order requires that he pay for something he never bargained for...

Sound familiar? By the time some products are priced on Beckett, they are no longer relevant to others as we all move on to the newest thing and care much less about the older products.

(03-02-2020, 07:01 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Another story: A guy goes into an auto dealership to buy the newest Mercedes model sedan, but the dealership does not have the color he wants. So, he orders one and waits for it to arrive. Seven months later his prized new Mercedes shows up, the salesman gives him a call, and the customer says he wants a discount because of the extremely long wait. The dealership refuses, they go to court, and two years later the judge awards him a 10% discount on that vehicle.

Guess what?! The car is now 3 years old and he does not want it, but the court order requires that he pay for something he never bargained for...

Sound familiar? By the time some products are priced on Beckett, they are no longer relevant to others as we all move on to the newest thing and care much less about the older products.
Or, a similar analogy ...

The ice cream man rolls into your neighborhood.

You ask for a popsicle and fork over the 75 cents (or whatever they cost now).

Instead of handing you the popsicle, he climbs out of the truck, walks over to you and kicks you in the nuts.

There is pricing for Topps including Sp versions and others no auto's yet though. On another note Heritage Sp's are priced.

Update: Brian F. responded on March 6th that they hoped to finish EEE pricing by the end of this week. Sadly, it is Sunday afternoon and still no new pricing.

Brian said that with the influx of parallels and inserts in recent products, pricing is more daunting of a task and the delays are inevitable (but he does feel bad about it).

I honestly dont know why anyone still has faith in Beckett. It costs more to get an annual online subscription to the price guide than to get a year subscription to mlb.tv and watch every single game of the season. There is no realistic competition and it allows them to charge way too much. IMO subscriptions should cost around 40 or 50 bucks. In all the times they called me, the best they could offer was a 3 year subscription for $240. FYI, take your phone number out of your profile and the calls stop. I still get emails, but it is better. And why an annual subscription when the normal season is only six months? I have tried time and again to explain this but they do not listen to me, just try harder to sell. And then there is the fact, that a quarter of a year has passed, and they still cant price EEE. It is unacceptable to me. At the price they charge, they should send a lifesize Mark McGwire chocolate figurine every month. Watch ebay, the pricing is more real anyway. Find some other way to trade, I am sure there are ways.

eBay is not a pricing solution for set collectors and trading base/inserts/parallels for other than a few hot players.

(03-18-2020, 01:19 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: eBay is not a pricing solution for set collectors and trading base/inserts/parallels for other than a few hot players.
Apparently Beckett is not either. Not trying to be a jerk, but change is very hard, and sometimes people need a kick. You are a good man, Kerry, use this time to become a seller on Sportlots. Best thing I ever did. The extra money that comes in is my collecting money. Just keep the mind open to alternatives, collecting should never be frustrating!

(03-18-2020, 04:00 PM)wickercat Wrote: Apparently Beckett is not either. Not trying to be a jerk, but change is very hard, and sometimes people need a kick. You are a good man, Kerry, use this time to become a seller on Sportlots. Best thing I ever did. The extra money that comes in is my collecting money. Just keep the mind open to alternatives, collecting should never be frustrating!
I haven't heard of Sportlots before, it looks interesting
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!