`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is your biggest hobby influence?

RE: What is your biggest hobby influence?
#3 and #4 are intertwined for me. My father opened a baseball card shop in 1986 when I was 10 years old. Hard to separate #5 and #6. Buying older boxes is much more cost effective compared to when the stuff was released 20-30 years ago.

There are still some great inserts and autographs sealed in those packs, as long as they glossy front's aren't stuck together!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

I will have to go with #5 and #6. Always buy boxes of bowman products and topps heritage to complete the sets every year.
#1 is obvious but more for the high end vintage and some high products. I do love buying some high end products which go with #5 but that is something that depends on #1.

I collect baseball cards because its the best way to enjoy my favorite sport, baseball next to watching it on TV or in person.

My youngest son enjoys baseball cards, so its something I can enjoy with him.

Lastly, I get a rush from watching values of cards go up. I get more excited about a card rising in value than I get disappointed about a card losing value, if that makes sense.

All of them, my friend!

OCD for me. My forever growing parallel RC want lists. It's been pestering me since the first time I laid eyes on a Topps Tiffany card in the mid '80's. I will certainly take anyone's 2019 Vlads they don't want.