`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this misprint card rare and worth money?

Is this misprint card rare and worth money?
I have a 1993 Mike Piazza Leaf rookie card in mint condition that Beckett has listed for only $10. But what's unique about this card is that the golden leaf symbol in the top right corner never printed and instead there's a white blur. Also, the blue leaf ribbon is missing the year.

I'm assuming this particular misprint makes the card very rare. How do I go about getting a value of the card?

See attached.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Is this misprint card rare and worth money?
nope common printing error on a junk era non RC Logo card. Value maybe $2-$3.

I have a few of these cards and it was not really the printing but that the gold did not stick to the paper well. If you notice the other cards, the gold lines and the leaf logo are chipped on many cards, they were poorly done.

It's a flawed card and not worth as much as an unflawed card. It may be somewhat rare in that there may not be as many of those Piazza cards that are missing the foil stamping on the front but you could draw a tail on him with a sharpie and mark it one of one and it may be the only one of him with a tail drawn on but it would still be a flawed card and not worth as much as a NrMt card.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html