`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 holy grail

1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 holy grail
well I got lucky I found my Grandpas baseball collection that he left behind for me and I'm over here looking to make sure they are real and not reprints before I send them out to get the graded. If the light goes through the card, Its a fake? But if the light doesn't go through the card, its real?

Update: I have sent the other mickey mantle to get graded. Fingers are crossed. Here are updates on the other mantle. Its ripped under the left bottom corner. I checked to to see if light went through the card and barely any light goes through the card.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 holy grail
I've never heard that before.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Any chance you can provide front/back scans? There are specific traits in the printing process that will be a much better indicator to its authenticity.

What other cards did he have that he left?

A scan would be good (there are 2 version of the card) and protection crucial..big $$ card if real..
Great find!!

(02-04-2020, 10:46 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: A scan would be good (there are 2 version of the card) and protection crucial..big $$ card if real..
Great find!!
yes, I have both versions of the card.

(02-04-2020, 12:58 PM)broncodave93baby Wrote: yes, I have both versions of the card.
WOW!!!!

Tag to see how this turns out.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I look forward to seeing better pictures. Not to be negative but you aren't the first new member to come on with historic big cards. Not saying you don't have it but there is a pattern. Seems like a lot of new members start their first post with claims of big cards like Ruth, Mantle, Gretzky, Orr, Jordan etc. If true I look forward to seeing them plus whatever other beauty vintage your pop might have.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(02-05-2020, 07:54 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: I look forward to seeing better pictures. Not to be negative but you aren't the first new member to come on with historic big cards. Not saying you don't have it but there is a pattern. Seems like a lot of new members start their first post with claims of big cards like Ruth, Mantle, Gretzky, Orr, Jordan etc. If true I look forward to seeing them plus whatever other beauty vintage your pop might have.
Funny you mention jordan and gretzky because I just sent both of those cards from his collection to get graded as well and also 1986 fleer wax packs, found 10 of those and sent those out as well. had 2 jordan stickers on the back of the packs . Also found a near complete set of 1975 topps baseball in MINT Condition. Never touched. Every card looks GEM. Large size cards. Not minis. Found a set of 1951 topps red backs. and alot of other great cards. All vintage.

Yeah, some of us old school legends have a saying around here ...

"Scans or it didn't happen"

LOL