Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Haunt Me No More, Young Pelicans!

Haunt Me No More, Young Pelicans!
Hello friends,

So pretty much every rookie insert, parallel or jersey card that I have pulled with a Pelicans logo on it this year out of Panini retail products has been of either Nickeil Alexander-Walker or Jaxson Hayes ... and not their more famous teammate, Zion Williamson.

Well, that all changed yesterday. I've anxiously been awaiting the release of Contenders and picked up two blasters at my local Target yesterday.

One mem or auto card per box ...

My hit in my first box ...

[Image: ZionNew.jpg]

Don't worry, I still pulled an Alexander-Walker insert in the same blaster, as well as a Hayes jersey card in the other blaster, LOL

RE: Haunt Me No More, Young Pelicans!
Wow. Nice pull. Might as well eBay a lot of those guys for a reasonable price haha

(02-01-2020, 11:18 AM)btrav13 Wrote: Wow. Nice pull. Might as well eBay a lot of those guys for a reasonable price haha
Thanks my good man, I was beyond stoked!

Just goes to illustrate how dead these boards are.

When I first joined in 2011 and posted something like this, I would have had 20 "atta boy" comments and at least five trade offers by now.

Oh well, it is what it is.

(I hate that saying but sometimes it just fits.)

I'll continue to post and banter with the half dozen or so folks that still give a s--t around here.

By the way I went back to grab the other two blasters (there were only four out when I went the first time last Thursday) and they were gone on Sunday.

Anything basketball gets gobbled up right now, I've never seen anything like it.

I'm hoping they at least put out some rack/jumbo packs so I can get a few of the base updated players that I didn't pull.

Are you going to bust any of this hobby stuff?

Nice hit man!! That is probably a 30-50 dollar card right now! A lot of the members who posted and traded have either moved to other sites or left because it takes forever.... For Beckett to catch up to the market.

(02-03-2020, 05:37 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Nice hit man!! That is probably a 30-50 dollar card right now! A lot of the members who posted and traded have either moved to other sites or left because it takes forever.... For Beckett to catch up to the market.
Indeed.

(02-03-2020, 01:06 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: When I first joined in 2011 and posted something like this, I would have had 20 "atta boy" comments and at least five trade offers by now.

Oh well, it is what it is.
I never talk about basketball but I don't want to leave you hanging...atta boy!

(02-03-2020, 08:41 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I never talk about basketball but I don't want to leave you hanging...atta boy!
LOL, I knew you wouldn't let me down.