Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Crazy Triple Threads Case Hit out of $5 Mixer

Crazy Triple Threads Case Hit out of $5 Mixer
Friends,

Occasionally I like to grab those $5 mixers of 75 football cards to back fill my Lions PC.

They almost always contain something that makes it feel like it was worth the small expense.

I pulled this out of one the other day:

[Image: Justin.jpg]

Now, I get that he was a total bust and this card is relatively worthless these days.

But pretty nice card to put in a $5 mixer, and would have been a huge pull/case hit back in 2012!

RE: Crazy Triple Threads Case Hit out of $5 Mixer
That's an awesome hit! When I'm getting older packs, I consider what it would have been like that year opening it. That way even if it's not something that is huge $$$ today I can still enjoy the fact that it would have felt that way back then.

(01-29-2020, 04:00 PM)jplarson Wrote: That's an awesome hit! When I'm getting older packs, I consider what it would have been like that year opening it. That way even if it's not something that is huge $$$ today I can still enjoy the fact that it would have felt that way back then.
Exactly ... about four or five years ago I opened up a cheap box of 2000 Fleer Focus from my LCS (wrongfully thinking Brady was in the set) and pulled numbered RCs of Ron Dayne, Chad Pennington and Brian Urlacher, not to mention a Shaun Alexander insert.

I was like, damn, this would have been an awesome box when it was released, LOL

One of my favorite finds in the $5 box is a high end card of a low end player.

And that is even better because you get 74 other cards with it.

(01-30-2020, 11:38 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: One of my favorite finds in the $5 box is a high end card of a low end player.

And that is even better because you get 74 other cards with it.
I almost always get 1 or 2 Lions for my PC, not to mention a pretty good mix of Hall of Famers and obscure cards that I've never seen before.

A lot of it is junk era stuff but I don't think I've ever bought one where I didn't think it was worth the five bucks.