`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1972 Clemente

1972 Clemente
Hi, Just curious as this appears not to be an original and some kind of something. Any ideas where or what this project was supposed to be?
It looks like it was printed on cardboard.

It's oversize 2 7/16 x 3 7/8

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 1972 Clemente
Maybe someone found a picture on the internet and printed it out on card stock in order to make their own card?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Yeah, I would assess that a value of no dollars and zero cents.

(01-27-2020, 06:32 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, I would assess that a value of no dollars and zero cents.

Yeah, that was my thought. ThanksWink

(01-27-2020, 06:43 PM)billloaded Wrote: Yeah, that was my thought. ThanksWink
I only know that because I've done numerous similar projects out of boredom ... definitely has that "third generation" look to it.

Just giving you the business.

My first thought was that it looked like one of the 1972 Topps Cloth cards that was a test issue and never actually released to the public. The ones that made their way into the public realm were in uncut sheet form so each card would have to be hand cut which could explain the oversize of the card as well as the coloring along the top and left borders.

With that said, all I could find in that set was the Clemente In Action card and not the regular card.