`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1993 SP Derek Jeter

RE: 1993 SP Derek Jeter
I also think it's a little weird that a new member just sat for the last 365 days watching this to pass the information along. I mean, I'm hoarding Gleyber rookies to have graded (I'm up to almost 70 now). So it's highly probable that in a couple years I could have 300ish and then I could easily grade a boatload of them.
Looks like its that Probstein123

(01-24-2020, 09:13 AM)btrav13 Wrote: I also think it's a little weird that a new member just sat for the last 365 days watching this to pass the information along.
Good point.

(01-24-2020, 09:13 AM)btrav13 Wrote: I mean, I'm hoarding Gleyber rookies to have graded (I'm up to almost 70 now). So it's highly probable that in a couple years I could have 300ish and then I could easily grade a boatload of them.
Yeah, I think there are probably plenty of people out there that do something like this. I don't find that abnormal at all.

(01-24-2020, 09:13 AM)btrav13 Wrote: Looks like its that Probstein123
If that's the case then I don't find this suspicious at all. That guy has plenty of people who send him their cards to sell for them. Very high visibility, known by many, and they don't have to do any of the legwork on selling it.

I heard of a guy that 500 RC of Bonds, some ok, some so-so..but he had them to move,

Another person had a lot of Griffey RC and moved them as the market shifted...

I guess you could all in and collect RCs hoping in 10-2 years they are more valuable..

Problem..who is who..seems a long shot..but if you do it over time for a good $$ it could pay off..

I have a trend of selling right away and not prospecting too much..

I also can not help but think that the original post was back-ending an eBay sale..but I never think the worst of people..

(01-23-2020, 08:13 PM)david campos Wrote: No live auctions. It is funny that a new board member with 2 posts asks about ebay auctions. Makes one think that the auctions belong to the thread creator looking for more views.
Im sure that happens A LOT but I assure you these are not my listings...If allowed, I can post a link to one of the closed listings and you can click on the sellers name and filter all the recently sold items...is that permitted?
(01-23-2020, 05:55 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I believe you can link AS LONG AS it is not your auction..
Moderators..help here..want to see this for myself..
Definitely NOT my listings...just waiting on a response to post the link on one of the sold products and you can scope it out...filter through the recently sold cards. Most of the current listings are graded but the ones we cant see anymore were raw cards (well over 100).
(01-24-2020, 09:13 AM)btrav13 Wrote: I also think it's a little weird that a new member just sat for the last 365 days watching this to pass the information along. I mean, I'm hoarding Gleyber rookies to have graded (I'm up to almost 70 now). So it's highly probable that in a couple years I could have 300ish and then I could easily grade a boatload of them.
Looks like its that Probstein123
Im an avid buyer so im on different sites most of the days always looking for a good deal...I take notice to things out of the ordinary when I look at making purchases. I noticed these listings around Dec of 2018 because the description was story-like...about how he collected the cards when he was a young boy, then the description changed up a few times. It could very well be legit seeing his feedback but very odd nonetheless, especially since its only the 1993 SP card and no other...I guess he knew this was the Jeter Holy Grail?
(01-24-2020, 10:01 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Good point.

Yeah, I think there are probably plenty of people out there that do something like this. I don't find that abnormal at all.

If that's the case then I don't find this suspicious at all. That guy has plenty of people who send him their cards to sell for them. Very high visibility, known by many, and they don't have to do any of the legwork on selling it.
Its not Probstein...hes reputable. Ive purchased from him numerous times. Hopefully I get the OK to post a link to one of the sold auctions from this seller.

(01-29-2020, 08:38 AM)mybuys2015@gmail.com Wrote: It could very well be legit seeing his feedback but very odd nonetheless, especially since its only the 1993 SP card and no other...I guess he knew this was the Jeter Holy Grail?
People knew this was the Jeter Holy Grail in 1996.

I got excited for a minute reading about the Jeter dome rookie. I thought wow I think I have that, I went and checked but mine was 1991 Sad still a cool set but no Jeter.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.