`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1993 SP Derek Jeter

1993 SP Derek Jeter
Ok, so most collectors know that the 1993 SP Derek Jeter card is one of the top cards out there. I need some opinions...there is a seller on ebay that has sold 300 or 400+ of these cards (about the span of 1 year) and almost ALL are in excellent condition. I have been following this for at least 1 year and it started as raw cards only and the description stated they were from his collection when he was younger. This has phased out from only raw card sales and switched over to only sales of very highly graded and slabbed cards (mostly BGS and a few PSA and SGC). It just seems odd an unlikely that one person can have so many of these cards in this condition. Am I allowed to post the link to this sellers ebay acct?

RE: 1993 SP Derek Jeter
It's very possible that he got these when he was younger. For all I know he is a Yankee fan or Jeter fan and went on a run only targeting Jeter rookie cards. Everybody does something different with their collection.

I also wouldn't doubt that over the years he just hoarded as many as he could knowing how popular Jeter is, the team he played for, and the value of that card knowing it would go up over time, with the intent to sell in the future.

While the card will continue to go up in value over time, I think this is likely the last big burst you're going to see for some time, between now and HOF induction day. He likely sold the lesser condition ones early just to get going and now that the vote happened, put the highly graded cards out there for the big money acquisition.

Yeah, its definitely possible but I would think that this would raise some red flags. The bulk is this Jeter card and this is the ONLY Jeter rookie card he's selling. That sure is one good guess to collect only this card and no other Jeter rookie cards? Its possible but I just feel it seems more unlikely. There was previously a case of fraudulent 1993 SP cards that were sold on ebay so just gathering some opinions...I appreciate your insight.

(01-23-2020, 04:07 PM)mybuys2015@gmail.com Wrote: Ok, so most collectors know that the 1993 SP Derek Jeter card is one of the top cards out there. I need some opinions...there is a seller on ebay that has sold 300 or 400+ of these cards (about the span of 1 year) and almost ALL are in excellent condition. I have been following this for at least 1 year and it started as raw cards only and the description stated they were from his collection when he was younger. This has phased out from only raw card sales and switched over to only sales of very highly graded and slabbed cards (mostly BGS and a few PSA and SGC). It just seems odd an unlikely that one person can have so many of these cards in this condition. Am I allowed to post the link to this sellers ebay acct?
I believe you can link AS LONG AS it is not your auction..
Moderators..help here..want to see this for myself..

If it sounds too good to be true, most likely it is not. By the way, I have 300 Michael Jordan rookie cards if anybody is interested. Smile

(01-23-2020, 05:08 PM)mybuys2015@gmail.com Wrote: The bulk is this Jeter card and this is the ONLY Jeter rookie card he's selling. That sure is one good guess to collect only this card and no other Jeter rookie cards?
When the '93 SP set came out I was hooked on the set and it was definitely a top tier set at the time. Jeter really came onto the scene in 1996. With all the Jeter RC's out there, it was very easy, even at that time, to know which was THE Jeter RC to get.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, because I'm unaware, what was the '93 SP fraud situation? I'd never heard of it. Best I could find was some clown on ebay selling fake '93 SP buyback autograph cards.

(01-23-2020, 06:26 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: If it sounds too good to be true, most likely it is not. By the way, I have 300 Michael Jordan rookie cards if anybody is interested. Smile
I could use one of those.

I am first and foremost a true Yankee hater! Twins country here. With that being said I cracked a lot of wax in the 90's and with all the hype with the Stadium Club Murphy set I saved Jeter stuff I have about a dozen that would go about an 8 I probably only pulled 3-4 myself the rest I picked up at shows and such. Hundreds would make me wonder. If it were me and I really wanted one I would buy and send to have it graded and authenticated right away I think with Paypal you may have enough time on the return window and if not neither Paypal or Ebay puts up with fraudulent sellers and you would probably get a refund.

(01-23-2020, 05:55 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I believe you can link AS LONG AS it is not your auction..
Moderators..help here..want to see this for myself..
No live auctions. It is funny that a new board member with 2 posts asks about ebay auctions. Makes one think that the auctions belong to the thread creator looking for more views.

(01-23-2020, 08:13 PM)david campos Wrote: No live auctions. It is funny that a new board member with 2 posts asks about ebay auctions. Makes one think that the auctions belong to the thread creator looking for more views.
Funny...I had the same thought but kept quiet.